Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - cando - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 07:09 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Clearly!

Shepherd and Garraway is a great shout. Has Kate ever actually presented it? 

I can’t see them going much beyond their current roster of presenters though to be honest. Craig and Josie feel right as natural successors.

Yeah she was a regular fill in around 2006/7 iirc. 
I remember she once did GMTV Newshour, Lk Today and This Morning on the one day.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - PJamo - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 07:09 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Clearly!

Shepherd and Garraway is a great shout. Has Kate ever actually presented it? 

I can’t see them going much beyond their current roster of presenters though to be honest. Craig and Josie feel right as natural successors.

From memory Kate presented for a few weeks back in the Fern and Phil days when Fern was away for a few weeks completing a charity cycle (possibly even before Ruth became the regular Friday host).

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - RDJ - 10-10-2023

So in hindsight I would probably say bosses didn’t fully want to “relaunch” the show in September as they were probably aware that Holly was unsettled and was debating her future on the show.

Now we know the outcome, I do believe the show needs a total reset now. Maybe even resting it for a few months might be a good idea for a brand new start in the New Year.

It can survive though. If it can survive Richard & Judy leaving then it can survive this rocky patch. At least with Holly leaving, this should spell the end of a very controversial past year, with the future looking much brighter now.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - UTVLifer - 10-10-2023

It's unfortunate for ITV that just as they start the 'new' autumn season on This Morning, pushing Holly as the main face along with Alison and Dermot, that she has now suddenly departed as well

And I wonder what this will mean for the next series of Dancing on Ice

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Stooky Bill - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 06:38 PM)what Wrote:  I agree. 8 years without a major change pres wise is a long time. I still am surprised they didn't take the TVC move as an opportunity to refresh things, especially given it was around 1.5/2 years since their last change at that point
That would have been much too soon, the current design and set is great and felt very fresh back then and it would have been a waste to ditch it after 2 years. 

Now though it's carrying a lot of baggage.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 07:45 PM)RDJ Wrote:  So in hindsight I would probably say bosses didn’t fully want to “relaunch” the show in September as they were probably aware that Holly was unsettled and was debating her future on the show.

Now we know the outcome, I do believe the show needs a total reset now. Maybe even resting it for a few months might be a good idea for a brand new start in the New Year.

It can survive though. If it can survive Richard & Judy leaving then it can survive this rocky patch. At least with Holly leaving, this should spell the end of a very controversial past year, with the future looking much brighter now.

They're not going to rest the show, it's too big a hole in the schedule to have filler for three months. They'll just use the team they have now and move on. The show is bigger than its presenters.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - brioalex - 10-10-2023

I really wish ITV would hurry up and be a bit more decisive on more permanent hosts for the show now. They have definitely been complacent with Phil and Holly for years. If it has to be Alison and Dermot so be it, they just need to commit to the change and roll with it.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - TJTSW - 10-10-2023

Hopefully this is the time that the bosses at ITV relise nows the time for a complete rebrand for This Morning,

New set , new look, new titles and a revised version of the theme tune for a January 2024 restart....

new presenters, Kate and Ben would be a delight, Emma & Matt too or even bring back Ruth and Eamonn althought im not sure if Eamonn has burnt his bridges wiith ITV ?!

carry on as is for 2023 then go out with a bang and start 2024 all new and shiney....

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Ash101 - 10-10-2023

Josie is definitely still a bit rough around the edges to take it on full time. Craig Doyle is a very good presenter though.

Emma Willis could definitely be a good choice with or without her husband though? I also presume Rochelle will get a few days over the next few weeks!

Either way, a refresh at some point is probably a wise decision to move it along from this ‘era’ - but do you wait till a new editor is potentially in post?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 08:56 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Josie is definitely still a bit rough around the edges to take it on full time. Craig Doyle is a very good presenter though.

Emma Willis could definitely be a good choice with or without her husband though? I also presume Rochelle will get a few days over the next few weeks!

Either way, a rebrand at some point is probably a wise decision to move it along from this ‘era’ - but do you wait till a new editor is potentially in post?

They're not going to rebrand This Morning though, the name still has value.

I think Vivek Sharma's hiring makes me think that they're planning some sort of succession.