Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - robertclark125 - 10-10-2023

As mentioned above, I'm not a This Morning watcher, and some of the names I've suggested show that! But, throwing in a dark horse, Jacquie Oatley is more of a sports presenter, doing the darts on ITV4, and has previously presenter the last ever series of Sunday Supplement on Sky Sports. Even doing it three days a week, could she be a contender?

I'll also give the forum an exclusive. Someone has confirmed this evening, right now, that they're not interested in presenting This Morning. That person? ME! There's the exclusive!

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Ash101 - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 08:58 PM)XIII Wrote:  They're not going to rebrand This Morning though, the name still has value.

I think Vivek Sharma's hiring makes me think that they're planning some sort of succession.

Sorry, I did revise my post. I meant graphics & set, definitely not suggesting the name.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Stuart - 10-10-2023

It's worth remembering that while being in the media or any public role may be financially well rewarded, it does mean that you can attract the attention of the more unhinged members of society.

It seems to happen all too often, sometimes with quite tragic consequences. It would be enough to make anyone re-evaluate their life.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Blubatt - 10-10-2023

Holly shouldn't have had to quit, but she has clearly had a lot on in the last year and a bit. Queuegate, Philip, and now this. I think she is right to call it quits. 14 years is a good run on any show. But talking about the show itself, I do hope the show has a big refresh. I can see them sticking with the rotating host combos, but would like to see a main presenting duo again. Adrian Chiles and Christine Lampard? 10 years ago, that would have been my pick. I also think the show needs a big visual overhaul, a complete set revamp, and we can finally see the show move on from what has been an annus horriblis.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 10-10-2023

Oh, I missed this news. Agree with most the comments here that the circumstances that have led to it are devastating, but obviously it's a culmination of everything.

Did always feel like they avoided appointing a direct replacement for Phil just in case Holly did subsequently leave - they didn't want to give Craig the job given should Holly leave promoting Alison and Dermot to the front of the week is the obvious option, with Craig and Josie then taking on their role. The trouble is I don't think Dermot especially seems to want to go full time, but a 3/2 split might work best.

I suspect though they'll continue with random presenter combinations for now before settling on a more permanent arrangement - probably in 2026 given how TV seems to work now.

Must say though amongst the awful news last week it was nice to read that Phil had reached out to Holly and they had somewhat reconciled.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - all new phil - 10-10-2023

FWIW I love how many here think the show’s producers will hear their main presenter has left and their immediate thought will be that they’re going to refresh the titles and studio. In reality it’s probably a long way down their list of priorities.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 10-10-2023

I do think anyone expecting This Morning to completely change in terms of tone and format is kidding themselves because the format is the reason it's lasted so long. It does dip into serious topics but I don't think people want that all the time, I find the Channel 5 morning block a chore because it's too serious.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - tellyblues - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 11:09 PM)XIII Wrote:  I do think anyone expecting This Morning to completely change in terms of tone and format is kidding themselves because the format is the reason it's lasted so long. It does dip into serious topics but I don't think people want that all the time, I find the Channel 5 morning block a chore because it's too serious.

Do you want it to be more like This Morning in order that Channel 5 gets more viewers?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - London Lite - 11-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 11:09 PM)XIII Wrote:  I do think anyone expecting This Morning to completely change in terms of tone and format is kidding themselves because the format is the reason it's lasted so long. It does dip into serious topics but I don't think people want that all the time, I find the Channel 5 morning block a chore because it's too serious.

The C5 topical block is basically an upmarket GB News/Talk TV which I find as unwatchable as those channels.

Now while I think the 2009-2023 Phil and Holly era did update the format a bit, it did bring in younger people to the show, otherwise you'd be left with the audience who had watche since Richard & Judy while not attracting many of the younger 30 something audience ITV crave for that timeslot.

With both presenters now gone, it's time for another revamp to attract those audiences who may not give TM the time of day when they were there and younger viewers more likely to watch catch-up/SVoD than linear tv. I doubt we'll be seeing an evolution until Autumn 2024, but they really need to prepare for a September 2024 relaunch while letting it plod along until next summer with the existing team.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 11-10-2023

(11-10-2023, 12:52 AM)London Lite Wrote:  The C5 topical block is basically an upmarket GB News/Talk TV which I find as unwatchable as those channels.
The issue I have with the Channel 5 topical block is that it was fine as one show, it's too much as three and it's the same people on the panels who appear on everything else.