Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 11-10-2023

The dog is probably presenting next Wednesday.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 11-10-2023

Richard Madeley was on GMB and was very supportive of Holly.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - James2001 - 11-10-2023

You can understand if they don't want to have any "main" presenters of the show from now on, the perils of them pushing Philip and Holly as the stars of the show have become all too obvious over the last few months when they've had to scramble to change things to hide their prominence over all the titles and promotion. I imagine it's going to be an ensemble affair from now on with no actual headline hosts.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Alf Stewart - 11-10-2023

(11-10-2023, 10:39 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  The inclusion of “Family Comes First” in the tiles is a little bit strange! Almost feels like a parody.

Surely something like “14 Years On The Show” would’ve flowed better?

Given the whole mantra of TM is 'We're one big family' it does seem odd given recent events.

Perhaps 'Family comes first until you do something we don't like then we'll throw you under a bus' would have been more apt.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - TVenthusiasm - 11-10-2023

Here's the intro and tributes to Holly

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/TVenthusiasm2/Virgin%20Media%20One%20-%20This%20Morning%20-%20Holly%20Willoughby%20quits%20-%2011-10-23.mp4 

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JK08 - 11-10-2023

(11-10-2023, 02:24 PM)James2001 Wrote:  You can understand if they don't want to have any "main" presenters of the show from now on, the perils of them pushing Philip and Holly as the stars of the show have become all too obvious over the last few months when they've had to scramble to change things to hide their prominence over all the titles and promotion. I imagine it's going to be an ensemble affair from now on with no actual headline hosts.

I think it's just important to have a strong enough B-team who you are constantly supporting and aiding in development. The part of me that holds back when it comes to Alison is the occasions when there's a political or hard news item. Nobody expects a Jeremy Paxman-style interview on This Morning, but it's important that given the job of interviewing the Prime Minister or serious politicians, you can hold them to account rather than give them a ten-minute PR slot. I think she's fantastic in every other aspect. It's been almost three years since she and Dermot took over the Friday show, and in that time ITV should have been preparing them for taking over from Holly and Phil at some point down the line. If by this point there are any reservations, then that's the fault of ITV and they have failed to prepare for an inevitable situation. It's the same with GMB.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Spencer - 11-10-2023

In contrast to This Morning itself, the ITV Lunchtime News had a report today which featured several clips of Holly and Phil together.

Would it really be a problem for TM to include a few clips of Phillip? Would anyone be that upset? I know he left under a cloud, but he didn’t do anything illegal. It just feels a bit dishonest and creates a huge elephant in the room.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - rick - 11-10-2023

They certainly can have a main presenter(s) but what they need to remember is not to stick their name in the opening credits or have footage of them be part of it. The Phil & Holly titles always seemed very egotistical and quite cringeworthy to me. Keep it neutral and no matter what happens, changes don't need to be hastily made. The show should be the main focus, not the presenters, something that other shows have forgotten over the years and have suffered for it.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 11-10-2023

(11-10-2023, 02:58 PM)JK08 Wrote:  I think it's just important to have a strong enough B-team who you are constantly supporting and aiding in development. The part of me that holds back when it comes to Alison is the occasions when there's a political or hard news item. Nobody expects a Jeremy Paxman-style interview on This Morning, but it's important that given the job of interviewing the Prime Minister or serious politicians, you can hold them to account rather than give them a ten-minute PR slot. I think she's fantastic in every other aspect. It's been almost three years since she and Dermot took over the Friday show, and in that time ITV should have been preparing them for taking over from Holly and Phil at some point down the line. If by this point there are any reservations, then that's the fault of ITV and they have failed to prepare for an inevitable situation. It's the same with GMB.

The target audience for This Morning is very different to those who watch GMB or Newsnight. Anyone expecting This Morning to scrap all their light and fun items in favour of serious topics clearly doesn't watch the show.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 11-10-2023

The Rishi interview was particularly poor but overall they can do the serious stuff well - worth remembering Dermot and Craig have both been broadcasters for 25 years. Phil and Holly came from entertainment backgrounds after all.

I suspect for now at least the team arrangements will continue minus Holly. Alison and Dermot may become the lead presenters so to speak rather than the main presenters - perhaps regularly doing Mon-Thu between them but not always with each other.

Of course there is always the possibility they go for a clean break and get a completely new duo as the main presenters. Doesn't feel like the sort of risk a show would take now though - and the last thing the show wants is more instability should it not work out.