Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 11-10-2023

(11-10-2023, 03:52 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The Rishi interview was particularly poor but overall they can do the serious stuff well - worth remembering Dermot and Craig have both been broadcasters for 25 years.  Phil and Holly came from entertainment backgrounds after all.

I suspect for now at least the team arrangements will continue minus Holly.  Alison and Dermot may become the lead presenters so to speak rather than the main presenters - perhaps regularly doing Mon-Thu between them but not always with each other.

Of course there is always the possibility they ho for a clean break and get a completely new duo as the main presenters.  Doesn't feel like the sort of risk a show would take now though - and the last thing the show wants is more instability should it not work out.

I think if Ben were to join on a permanent basis, finding someone who's a good folly to him would work and the advantage with Ben is that he works well whoever you pair him with. 

I don't think it'd be a bad thing having someone from outside the This Morning team. If anything, it could give it a new lease of life.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 11-10-2023

(11-10-2023, 03:57 PM)XIII Wrote:  I think if Ben were to join on a permanent basis, finding someone who's a good folly to him would work and the advantage with Ben is that he works well whoever you pair him with. 

I don't think it'd be a bad thing having someone from outside the This Morning team. If anything, it could give it a new lease of life.

Just please not Kate Garraway.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Scrotnig - 11-10-2023

This Morning is intended to be mostly light and fluffy. Whilst it goes sometimes touch on more serious stuff, it is at its heart a light and fairly fluffy show that’s is just a gentle watch. And I mean that positively - I enjoy such shows. I’m usually working when TM is on but when I do watch it, I like it the way it is.

I wouldn’t want it to turn into a daytime version of Newsnight and nor I suspect would most of its audience.

Recent publicity notwithstanding, it remains a very well made and popular show that knows its audience.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Gary Baldy - 11-10-2023

I wouldn’t be opposed to a Dermot-Craig combination.

Abbey Clancey and Peter Crouch guesting on the phone in tomorrow - that feels like it might now be an on air audition.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - DavidWhitfield - 11-10-2023

Could work, in a 'Richard & Judy' kind of way. I can't imagine Peter being quite as Partridge as Madeley, though having said that, who is?

Who knows, perhaps this will become a common sight in the months and years to come...

[Image: 66748881-11653681-image-a-99_1674138592553.jpg]

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - PJamo - 11-10-2023

If he hadn't signed a contract with RTE I wouldn't be opposed to a Cat Deeley/Patrick Kielty pairing.

The reality, I imagine, is they'll trundle along with mixed up pairs, based on a 'Core 4' of Josie, Craig, Dermot and Alison for the foreseeable, with Rochelle, Andi, and similar drafted in to plug gaps as required.

A longer option might be to draft in a possible long term replacement into the Core team and gradually move them into pole position then follow with a second one, gradually establishing a new 'lead' pair that works rather than appointing a new 'lead' pair from the outset in case it crashes and burns like last time.

(Names as examples)- Ben Shephard added to the Core pool now, then Christine Lampard after Christmas creating a Core 6, and come September Ben and Christine take the lead (maybe on a 3day/2 day split to ensure suitable prominence of the rest of the Core team so it's not too 'disjointed' when they're off).

I think Dermot is the one with the power here really - if he's willing to go full time I imagine him and Alison become the main hosts (although not necessarily 4 days a week) and then the rest fit in around them. If he doesn't want the gig they'll either continue with the arrangement or look elsewhere. Possible as well Craig doesn't want it full time given his family are still in Ireland and he has sports broadcasting commitments too.

Does seem odd that Ben has seemingly not been an option to the need to replace a presenter on GMB but now in contention to potentially do 4 days a week on This Morning, though I guess he'd still need a good chunk of time off to film Tipping Point unless he gave that up as well. I do think though he is a better fit on This Morning and moving him across would perhaps encourage the GMB team to find a more permanent solution themselves to partnering someone up with Susanna.

One thing for sure is I'm glad that it's not Eamonn and Ruth holding the fort. As much of a mess as they're in now, and as much as perhaps they could do with one of the team perhaps being stronger journalistically, I think they were right to make the moves when they did with one eye on what would happen when Phil and Holly did move on.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JustJamie - 11-10-2023

The papers - namely The Sun - are reporting that a huge revamp IS being planned for January with two new "untested" (as quoted in The Sun) hosts, with a redesigned set. Looks like Martin Frizell will be remaining in post... for now.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/24370149/itv-this-morning-new-hosts-holly-willoughby-quits/ 

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Andrew - 11-10-2023

I’d take that with a pinch of salt considering she only resigned yesterday