Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 11-10-2023

I suspect the revamped set and branding was coming anyway. I'd almost like them to try two completely new people but they can't afford another Twiggy and Coleen situation.

Josie has been heavily rumoured for I'm a Celeb this year though surely now they can't afford to lose her for a month.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 11-10-2023

As I mentioned before, Vivek Sharma returned to the show as associate editor so that makes me wonder if the plan is to for Martin Frizell to step down in due course before the show is relaunched next year?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JLav25 - 12-10-2023

"Untested" doesn't exactly have to mean inexperienced. It could be two well known presenters who've just never presented TM before. It will never happen, but they'd probably love to persaude Ant and Dec to take over.

Could they tempt talent from BBC or another Channel to take over?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 12:20 AM)JLav25 Wrote:  "Untested" doesn't exactly have to mean inexperienced. It could be two well known presenters who've just never presented TM before. It will never happen, but they'd probably love to persaude Ant and Dec to take over.

Could they tempt talent from BBC or another Channel to take over?

Someone who came to mind and is currently on Strictly is Angela Scanlon, I'd probably pair her with Ben, Dermot or Craig as a trial run.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Joe - 12-10-2023

I don’t think it will happen but Matt and Mollie hosting permanently would be great.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JK08 - 12-10-2023

(11-10-2023, 03:40 PM)XIII Wrote:  The target audience for This Morning is very different to those who watch GMB or Newsnight. Anyone expecting This Morning to scrap all their light and fun items in favour of serious topics clearly doesn't watch the show.

Respectfully, your response bears little relevance to my post. Just because This Morning airs majority light features, doesn't mean their hosts can afford to be inadequate when it comes to the more serious topics.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - all new phil - 12-10-2023

It probably won’t happen, but the Dalai Lama and Ann Widdecombe would be great.

Am I doing this right?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - VMPhil - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 09:35 AM)all new phil Wrote:  It probably won’t happen, but the Dalai Lama and Ann Widdecombe would be great.

Am I doing this right?

Has anyone mentioned Greg Scott?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Nobby - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 10:23 AM)VMPhil Wrote:  Has anyone mentioned Greg Scott?

I expect Greg Scott has.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JamesWorldNews - 12-10-2023

You’re all forgetting the one and only Amanda Holden, who would be great alongside Craig Doyle.

Speculation aside, I do wish Holly the very best. This has been a very distressing situation for her and her family, I’d imagine. Whilst we are jovially discussing potential replacements, she’s probably gone through a truly terrifying experience, which could all have ended much differently, hadn’t the police caught the guy. I immediately thought of the Jill Dando case when I first heard of Holly’s situation.

Hoping Holly finds the right thing when the time is right for her.

(And I wasn’t even joking when I mentioned Amanda Holden).