Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 13-10-2023

Some of the suggestions sound unrealistic, but so did Twiggy & Coleen. And that did happen.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Parsons - 14-10-2023

I thought this take was pretty spot on:

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JamesWorldNews - 14-10-2023

Wow. So much to unpack there, Parsons. Possibly, it hits the nail right on the head.

I’d wonder though: if Holly’s popularity with the viewer (generally) has plummeted, what risk would the BBC be willing to take to have her as the new face of Primetime? It could all flop massively.

As for This Morning itself, from a current perspective, I’d say the 4 remaining presenters are doing pretty ok. Can’t think of anyone who’d do it better, unless ITV bring two completely unknowns a la R&J (who were not nationally famous at the time) and give it a final try. (It would be a final try, IMO).

I once suggested on here that the programme should decentralise and come from one each of the regions one day per week, hosted by local talent, and let London continue to do a Friday.

(14-10-2023, 08:09 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Wow. So much to unpack there, Parsons. Possibly, it hits the nail right on the head.

I’d wonder though: if Holly’s popularity with the viewer (generally) has plummeted, what risk would the BBC be willing to take to have her as the new face of Primetime? It could all flop massively.

That’s assuming it’s true and it’s not her agent or husband throwing things out there to get a better contract (make it seem like she’s in demand)

I think generally the BBC don’t even need her / they’ve got quite a few strong female presenters that rate well (with none of the baggage that comes with Holly), and when you look at the type of programme Holly has presented in the past, I’m not so sure she would have the charisma to carry anything too heavy. Can’t see her doing the One Show, it would seem a bit of a downgrade, wouldn’t it? And most prime time Saturday BBC shows that aren’t Strickly are pretty bad and never seem to get recommissioned.

I think the format of This Morning is sufficiently generic that in and of itself it’s fine, I think the brand, with all the murmurs of it being toxic has really damaged it.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JamesWorldNews - 14-10-2023

This is a genius idea! Husband and wife duo: Leah and Ricky.

https://x.com/rickyboleto/status/1713124254466593263?s=46 

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 14-10-2023

Although given the shows luck over the last year the couple would probably divorce three months in.

ITV just need to get this report out in the public - the sooner the better really so they can move on. The brand still has huge value and it's really only the haters and media who might see it as toxic - most viewers see the brand is far more than what has occured over the last year.

(14-10-2023, 12:08 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The brand still has huge value and it's really only the haters and media who might see it as toxic - most viewers see the brand is far more than what has occured over the last year.

I’m not suggesting there isn’t truth to this - the core demographic might not care too much at all, but the rumours of the toxic environment and instability behind the scenes  are bound to have an effect on the talent the programme can attract in the short to medium term, at the very least - like you wouldn’t be giving up a decent gig to jump ship right now.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 14-10-2023

It would be a risk but in TV there is always somebody waiting to benefit from someone else's misfortune - that's how Phil became the main host in the first place.

I suspect we'll see changes behind the scenes at the top, if not imminently then a quiet exit down the line once there is some distance from the events of the last few months. Indeed if they do refresh it wouldn't be hugely surprising if another refresh followed rather quickly if there is a subsequent change in the programme editor, although of course nowadays quiet change seems to be the thing in TV.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - cable - 14-10-2023

It had a good run, but ITV daytime could do with freshening up.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Scrotnig - 14-10-2023

I think contrary to what the media would have us believe, the brand remains strong and popular. I don’t think any potential presenter would be put off, frankly.