Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Ash101 - 14-10-2023

(14-10-2023, 08:40 PM)cable Wrote:  It had a good run, but ITV daytime could do with freshening up.

Doing what though? C5 has the debates sorted, BBC One has an assortment of stuff and the quizzes are well catered for later in the day. 

This Morning suits the market very well

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JMT1985 - 14-10-2023

(14-10-2023, 08:40 PM)cable Wrote:  It had a good run, but ITV daytime could do with freshening up.

ITV Daytime will remain as it is, as ITV have decided the current line up from 6am until 1.30pm at least is the best way to make money - using two television studios for 7.5 hours of live daytime programming back to back - it works. 

For me, it's the content of those shows that could do with a kick up the arse, especially This Morning 

There is a chance for 2pm to 4pm to be brightened up better too

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - cable - 14-10-2023

(14-10-2023, 08:46 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Doing what though? C5 has the debates sorted, BBC One has an assortment of stuff and the quizzes are well catered for later in the day. 

This Morning suits the market very well
I don't know, but I am glad that there's streaming.

(14-10-2023, 08:47 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  For me, it's the content of those shows that could do with a kick up the arse, especially This Morning 
Thats sort of what I was meaning. Loose women is trying to desexualise with Men on the panel. there's only so many competitions and cooking and fashion items one can take. They used to keep changing the formats of the Saturday morning kids shows, but This Morning has practically been running the same formula for the last 20ish years. it wont ever grow its audience, if its never going to appeal to new viewers.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 14-10-2023

That extra half hour probably did the show no favours though tends to be largely covered by the news review segment being doubled in length and an extra cookery item from the day's chef.

Live TV is a dying breed though and ITV Daytime is one of the last places where it thrives, so replace it at your peril. The last thing ITV needs is more daytime quiz shows or copycats of BBC daytime shows.

Live eh. ok... ITV News. maybe in a lighter format.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Andrew - 14-10-2023

(14-10-2023, 09:10 PM)cable Wrote:  Live eh. ok... ITV News. maybe in a lighter format.

Do you remember how successful the hour long ITV Lunchtime News was?

that was then. times have changed. ITN seems to be doing alright for channel 5.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Spencer - 14-10-2023

Amongst all the opinion about the This Morning brand being tired, toxic or past its sell-by date, I’ve not heard any actual hard data in terms of viewing figures.

Are they absolutely terrible, or are they, as I suspect, down a bit on their peak but nothing for bosses to lose too much sleep over – rather like GMB post Piers Morgan? Unless they’re absolutely haemorrhaging viewers, I don’t see the axe being wielded for the show any time soon.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JustJamie - 14-10-2023

Take this with a pinch or handful of salt, but the Sunday papers - namely Mail on Sunday - are reporting that bosses are in discussion to make Kate Garraway and Ben Shepherd the new presenting duo on This Morning.

Like I say, take it with a pinch or handful of salt at what is being reported...

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 15-10-2023

(14-10-2023, 09:25 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Amongst all the opinion about the This Morning brand being tired, toxic or past its sell-by date, I’ve not heard any actual hard data in terms of viewing figures.

Are they absolutely terrible, or are they, as I suspect, down a bit on their peak but nothing for bosses to lose too much sleep over – rather like GMB post Piers Morgan? Unless they’re absolutely haemorrhaging viewers, I don’t see the axe being wielded for the show any time soon.

Ratings are one thing but This Morning still have various sponsorship deal plus the competition so it likely makes ITV money. 

If This Morning were to be replaced, the new show would be exactly the same in terms of content.