Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JMT1985 - 15-10-2023

(15-10-2023, 02:34 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  2-4pm though is the only slot that has any kind of variety in the schedule, so in a way them finding a hit which ended up airing year round like the rest of the daytime schedule would make things even more stale.

Does it have to be all year round? In the old ITV daytime schedules, which in fact were launched on Monday 16th October 1972, 51 years ago tomorrow, the daytime schedules were flexible - so why not have a flexible 2pm to 4pm schedule, to help give ITV Daytime a fresh feel during the year?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - what - 15-10-2023

(15-10-2023, 02:34 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  2-4pm though is the only slot that has any kind of variety in the schedule, so in a way them finding a hit which ended up airing year round like the rest of the daytime schedule would make things even more stale.

You could say the same about ITV1's schedule in general. Apart from 1.5 hours (normally) in the evening, 2-4pm, and as of recently, the overnight hours, it's the same shows in the same slots for most of the week.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Humphrey Hacker - 15-10-2023

(15-10-2023, 06:20 PM)what Wrote:  You could say the same about ITV1's schedule in general. Apart from 1.5 hours (normally) in the evening, 2-4pm, and as of recently, the overnight hours, it's the same shows in the same slots for most of the week.

ITV's schedule has already gone stale IMO. It's bereft of any new ideas instead relying on old favourites like The Chase. Now while there's nothing intrinsically wrong with staying with shows that work that the same old same old must get annoying for many people.

I think ITV should use 2024 to refresh the schedules, bringing in new ideas especially from the afternoon onwards. Give The Chase and Tipping Point a rest is a controversial move but one that I feel is overdue.

And seeing as I'm sticking my head above the parapet how about revamping Corrie and Emmerdale into having 1 hour long slot a week so as to give primetime a boost.

The chances of the above happening are about as high as finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow but Im putting them out there.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 15-10-2023

We're probably all guilty of it buy the only thing people seem to complain about more than the schedules being the same old programming week in week out is when one week they have the audacity to show something different.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JMT1985 - 15-10-2023

I have a feeling ITV now don't treat ITV 1 as their premiere channel, it seems ITVX now is their premiere platform, with ITV 1 now second place and I believe this will get more and more the way during 2024.

ITV seem to be concentrating much more on streaming, so revamping their schedules is not a priority to them - keep them safe and stable and that's it.

Just look at the post News at Ten slot, it is like the channel suddenly falls asleep at 10.30pm - this is another section of the schedule which could do with a refresh - even a cheap refresh, like having a "Late Movie" a few nights week at 10.45pm, say Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, with Monday left to the regions and Wednesday for Peston's show.

But I don't feel we will see any big changes to ITV 1 - that channel I feel will become less of a priority to ITV management by the end of the 2020s.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JAS84 - 15-10-2023

(15-10-2023, 07:51 PM)Humphrey Hacker Wrote:  ITV's schedule has already gone stale IMO. It's bereft of any new ideas instead relying on old favourites like The Chase. Now while there's nothing intrinsically wrong with staying with shows that work that the same old same old must get annoying for many people.

I think ITV should use 2024 to refresh the schedules, bringing in new ideas especially from the afternoon onwards. Give The Chase and Tipping Point a rest is a controversial move but one that I feel is overdue.

And seeing as I'm sticking my head above the parapet how about revamping Corrie and Emmerdale into having 1 hour long slot a week so as to give primetime a boost.

The chances of the above happening are about as high as finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow but Im putting them out there.
Aren't the soaps the most popular shows outside of live sport? No way are they going to cut back 67% of them. It'd do the opposite of boosting the channel.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - all new phil - 15-10-2023

I love how people say the content of This Morning needs a refresh, without actually saying how. I don’t really understand how what they do now can be refreshed. Are we wanting Gino cooking on a skateboard or something?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 16-10-2023

(15-10-2023, 09:46 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I love how people say the content of This Morning needs a refresh, without actually saying how. I don’t really understand how what they do now can be refreshed. Are we wanting Gino cooking on a skateboard or something?

I think people want This Morning to be more serious which to me would miss the point of the programme. Even in the Richard and Judy days, it did well because tonally it was fairly light.

The Daily Mail seems to think This Morning did 2m, maybe in 1988 and during the pandemic but not in the last decade.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - tellyblues - 16-10-2023

The problem with the afternoon quiz block is not that new stuff hasn't been tried out but because the new stuff has been largely crap. Riddiculous, Fastest Finger First, Winning Combination, Babushka... Deal or No Deal and Jeopardy are a step up from the norm but these will likely fall into the underwhelming category.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - DavidWhitfield - 16-10-2023

Honestly... I really liked Babushka. I know that's not a cool opinion but I thought it was marvellous. Then again, I really enjoyed The Colour of Money and the premise is effectively the same - choose something, keep revealing money until you either lose your bottle or no more money is available. We all know how well TCOM went down - so well that to this day, ITV haven't aired all of the episodes they filmed - so maybe I just have strange taste in game shows...