Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 16-10-2023

I actually liked Take on the Twisters too.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Humphrey Hacker - 16-10-2023

(15-10-2023, 09:18 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Aren't the soaps the most popular shows outside of live sport? No way are they going to cut back 67% of them. It'd do the opposite of boosting the channel.

As I said in my previous post the chances of ITV diluting their soap output is zero but I'm convinced that the schedules can be overhauled elsewhere.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - cable - 16-10-2023

they should bring back Golden Balls. imagine the reaction from the over-sensitive people when someone underhandlely steals!

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Flux - 16-10-2023

Apologies for nudging is back on topic but if reports are to be believed and ITV are in negotiations to move Ben Shephard and Kate Garraway over to This Morning as a “new” Phil and Holly, I think it’s the most inward looking, unadventurous and timid move they could make. If they’re gonna revamp the show, do it properly. Be brave. Shake off what was there before and make the show feel fresh with two new faces. Don’t dilute the individuality of your daytime output even more by timidly moving two presenters from one show to another. It would be such a bland move. I don’t see what they can bring to the sofa that the current rotating team can’t… and above all it surely means ITV won’t be able to reap any benefits from “NEW LOOK!” publicity - no one’s gonna be excited by two ITV daytime hosts being given a slight lie in to start later on a sofa rather than behind a desk.

I’m not against Ben moving, actually, but moving both just feels lazy and makes me concerned that they’re hoping for a ready made “pair” to build a brand around. Haven’t they learnt anything?!

(15-10-2023, 09:46 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I love how people say the content of This Morning needs a refresh, without actually saying how. I don’t really understand how what they do now can be refreshed. Are we wanting Gino cooking on a skateboard or something?
A forum is as much about opinion as it is debate. Not everything needs to be followed up with another answer.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Spencer - 16-10-2023

(16-10-2023, 01:54 PM)Flux Wrote:  Apologies for nudging is back on topic but if reports are to be believed and ITV are in negotiations to move Ben Shephard and Kate Garraway over to This Morning as a “new” Phil and Holly, I think it’s the most inward looking, unadventurous and timid move they could make. If they’re gonna revamp the show, do it properly. Be brave. Shake off what was there before and make the show feel fresh with two new faces. Don’t dilute the individuality of your daytime output even more by timidly moving two presenters from one show to another. It would be such a bland move. I don’t see what they can bring to the sofa that the current rotating team can’t… and above all it surely means ITV won’t be able to reap any benefits from “NEW LOOK!” publicity - no one’s gonna be excited by two ITV daytime hosts being given a slight lie in to start later on a sofa rather than behind a desk.

I’m not against Ben moving, actually, but moving both just feels lazy and makes me concerned that they’re hoping for a ready made “pair” to build a brand around. Haven’t they learnt anything?!

ITV aren't exactly known for risk-taking when it comes to their choice of presenters these days. I get the feeling if cloning technology was more advanced, we'd have Stephen Mulhern hosting every show. Wink

These are just tabloid reports though, so worth taking with a big pinch of salt. There are some barriers to Ben and Kate moving to TM, such as Ben's Tipping Point commitments, and Kate's show on Smooth Radio which she'd have to leave, given it's on at the same time.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Neil Jones - 16-10-2023

(16-10-2023, 05:22 PM)Spencer Wrote:  ITV aren't exactly known for risk-taking when it comes to their choice of presenters these days. I get the feeling if cloning technology was more advanced, we'd have Stephen Mulhern hosting every show. Wink

Followed by sounds of shattering as everybody chucked their television sets out of a window, no doubt.

Can just see it now: "You're watching Stephen Mulhern 1. Over on Mulhern 2, its <something> with Stephen Mulhern". Excuse me while I scream.

(16-10-2023, 05:22 PM)Spencer Wrote:  ITV aren't exactly known for risk-taking when it comes to their choice of presenters these days. I get the feeling if cloning technology was more advanced, we'd have Stephen Mulhern hosting every show. Wink
ISTR Stephen was actually the output after Ant and Dec both getting caught in the cloning machine.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Humphrey Hacker - 16-10-2023

(16-10-2023, 07:30 PM)cable Wrote:  ISTR Stephen was actually the output after Ant and Dec both getting caught in the cloning machine.

This Morning needs a total revamp IMO. It's gone from a discussion show to a rather unhealthy fixation with the presenters and their private lives. Yes I know that the intimacy of the presenters has helped with the show's success but the recent furore with Schofield and now Willoughby is making it a bit sinister.

ITV should take this opportunity to perhaps change the focus somewhat.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - PJamo - 16-10-2023

(16-10-2023, 07:30 PM)cable Wrote:  ISTR Stephen was actually the output after Ant and Dec both getting caught in the cloning machine.

That explains how he's the same height as the two of them combined.