Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Spencer - 16-10-2023

(16-10-2023, 07:30 PM)cable Wrote:  ISTR Stephen was actually the output after Ant and Dec both getting caught in the cloning machine.
I remember Dave Gorman commenting that ITV had bred Stephen Mulhern for spare parts should anything happen to Ant or Dec.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 16-10-2023

Ben's TP commitments aren't an issue, they film it in blocks so they could have Craig or Dermot fill in on This Morning and TBH I don't anyone would care.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 16-10-2023

(16-10-2023, 07:40 PM)Humphrey Hacker Wrote:  This Morning needs a total revamp IMO. It's gone from a discussion show to a rather unhealthy fixation with the presenters and their private lives. Yes I know that the intimacy of the presenters has helped with the show's success but the recent furore with Schofield and now Willoughby is making it a bit sinister.

ITV should take this opportunity to perhaps change the focus somewhat.
That's the press though not the show.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Humphrey Hacker - 16-10-2023

(16-10-2023, 09:58 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  That's the press though not the show.

You're right about that but the producers should ask themselves if there are any chinks in the show's armour as it were that allowed the press to comment so much.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 17-10-2023

When have This Morning ever been a discussion show? It's a magazine show.

I do wonder why people want the show to change its format when the format itself is fine and hasn't really changed much.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 17-10-2023

(16-10-2023, 10:45 PM)Humphrey Hacker Wrote:  You're right about that but the producers should ask themselves if there are any chinks in the show's armour as it were that allowed the press to comment so much.
It's biggest chink is it's success.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JMT1985 - 17-10-2023

For me, a refreshed set, refresh graphics and new opening titles sequence - two new permanent hosts for Mondays to Thursdays with the usual Friday hosts - and maybe adding a few new features but otherwise most of the format can remain as it is.

That's all that needs to be done to make the programme feel fresher and a new start for the show - nothing major really needed for content.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Humphrey Hacker - 17-10-2023

(17-10-2023, 03:59 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It's biggest chink is it's success.

Exactly right and it needs to keep its success but find a way to pull it back to its roots as a magazine/features programme and not "The Scandal Show"

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - sjames - 17-10-2023

Interestingly I got an email from 'The Viewers' TV research panel today asking me for suggestions for presenters who should replace Holly and Phil on This Morning.

I wonder if the results might influence any future decision making by ITV?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JMT1985 - 17-10-2023

I think any decision on the new full time hosts will not be made until the new year - maybe the Christmas holidays will give them the break they need.

Friday 22nd December will be the last proper This Morning for the year followed probably by their recorded Christmas Day version - if they remain off air until Tuesday 2nd January, then maybe then they could have a relaunch of the show with the tweaks and refresh I mentioned earlier made.