Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 17-10-2023

Sets don't seem to get revamped over a weekend or even a week anymore so they may decamp for a bit or the changes be essentially cosmetic.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - RDJ - 17-10-2023

I dare say it would be quite easy for This Morning to make use of GMB’s set in some shape or form whilst alterations take place across the partition. They already use the same cameras so resources are shared already.

That said, This Morning is usually off the air for at least a week across Christmas. So they could potentially have a few days there to build a new set. However it may be too close by now for this to happen, so we could be looking at a relaunch after Easter potentially?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Andrew - 17-10-2023

To be honest I think the ‘set’ of This Morning will be pretty permanent now, it’s basically just four walls.

Changing the furniture, ornaments, maybe some free standing panels, a lick of paint, could all be done over a weekend.

Not that I think it will be done soon, remember a new look in January isn’t just decided a week before, it would be planned months in advance, it’d probably already have to be signed off now (especially if opening titles and graphics would also be redesigned to match)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 17-10-2023

(17-10-2023, 08:22 PM)sjames Wrote:  Interestingly I got an email from 'The Viewers' TV research panel today asking me for suggestions for presenters who should replace Holly and Phil on This Morning.

I wonder if the results might influence any future decision making by ITV?

Who were the options? I assume Ben was one of them.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - sjames - 18-10-2023

(17-10-2023, 11:14 PM)XIII Wrote:  Who were the options? I assume Ben was one of them.

It was a free choice surprisingly. Up to 9 empty boxes to enter in as many suggestions as you wanted.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - darrenlit94 - 19-10-2023

(11-10-2023, 07:12 PM)PJamo Wrote:  If he hadn't signed a contract with RTE I wouldn't be opposed to a Cat Deeley/Patrick Kielty pairing.

The reality, I imagine, is they'll trundle along with mixed up pairs, based on a 'Core 4' of Josie, Craig, Dermot and Alison for the foreseeable, with Rochelle, Andi, and similar drafted in to plug gaps as required.

A longer option might be to draft in a possible long term replacement into the Core team and gradually move them into pole position then follow with a second one, gradually establishing a new 'lead' pair that works rather than appointing a new 'lead' pair from the outset in case it crashes and burns like last time.

(Names as examples)- Ben Shephard added to the Core pool now, then Christine Lampard after Christmas creating a Core 6, and come September Ben and Christine take the lead (maybe on a 3day/2 day split to ensure suitable prominence of the rest of the Core team so it's not too 'disjointed' when they're off).

I’ve always wondered why Christine has never presented This Morning in recent years. She was on quite often and was a replacement for Holly at one point I’m sure when she was on maternity leave. I know Phil seemed to like the inexperienced Rochelle covering for Holly but I’m surprised she hasn’t done a stint during the summer or something. Christine and Ben or Craig would be a great combination.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - all new phil - 19-10-2023

Ok ok I’ve mocked silly suggestions so far but to me there’s an obvious replacement for Holly.

Shepherd and Garraway would be fine, but they’re more Eamon and Ruth, and that’s not the direction I think they want to go in. It’s not a laser-focussed demographic they’ll appeal to.

It has to be Stacey Solomon. She’s bang on target for the advertisers - see her work with Asda. She’d need a strong co-host - maybe that’s where Ben Shepherd comes in - but she’s doing all the sorts of collaborations Holly has done previously.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 19-10-2023

I did see someone suggest her and Joe Swash a few weeks back. Awful idea for the two of them, but certainly wouldn't mind Stacey given a day or two to test her out, but not straight in as a regular.

All presenting duos have their faults, even Ant and Dec. I just think now is not the time to take risks - the show needs stability and a combination of Dermot and Alison and Craig and Josie brings that if all are willing.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 20-10-2023

Generic titles this morning with phrases like "We take your calls" and "Delicious recipes" rather than anything show specific.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JamesWorldNews - 20-10-2023

(20-10-2023, 10:07 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Generic titles this morning with phrases like "We take your calls" and "Delicious recipes" rather than anything show specific.

They won’t get away with that when Steph McGovern and Kirsty Wark take over as main presenters in January…………