Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JustJamie - 31-10-2023

From what I've seen online, it seems a little more of a low-key Halloween than recent years, with Halloween themed fancy dress and no real theme or set decorations.

I suppose it's understandable they wanted to go for a low-key affair, considering the year This Morning have had - in the exits of both Holly and Phil.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 31-10-2023

I did think they were going to have Rylan singing when they opened with a band performing, but thankfully ITV realised even at Halloween there are limits to how far they should go.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - AaronTV - 06-11-2023

I do think that ITV need to confirm new permanent presenters fairly swiftly now - they could just about get away with having a new randomer turn up alongside Holly every few days (although I don’t think it really worked personally), but having both presenters change every few days doesn’t seem very sustainable in the longer term.

From the clips I’ve seen it very much feels like half term all the time with the ever-changing pairings. I do think Alison and Dermot work very well, but outside of that it all feels a bit B list. Craig or Ben Shephard would have been my choice to be paired with Holly, but I don’t think Craig really works with a less experienced female co-host.

Will be very interesting to see how long they can keep plodding along for without making a decision.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Keith - 07-11-2023

(06-11-2023, 11:56 PM)AaronTV Wrote:  I do think that ITV need to confirm new permanent presenters fairly swiftly now - they could just about get away with having a new randomer turn up alongside Holly every few days (although I don’t think it really worked personally), but having both presenters change every few days doesn’t seem very sustainable in the longer term.
I wouldn't expect anything permanent presenters to be sorted until at least January. Personally I wouldn't be too surprised if rather than any immediate big announcement they quietly settle down into fairly regular presenter pairings on certain days of the week. I'm guessing at the moment they're looking for stability and finding out what pairings work best together.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 07-11-2023

It looks like Josie is heading down under for I'm a Celeb which seems to be a waste of resources at the moment - and if it all goes wrong could leave them with another role to fill either. Even if it's clearly a temporary measure having Craig and Rochelle in for the next few weeks would give them some consistency, but I suspect producers may want to test other combinations on air too. Based on previous years Dermot and Alison and Craig and Josie were probably due to cover the last two weeks before Christmas anyway, so if they can get an extra week from Dermot and Alison that leaves them with just November to cover really.

Alison and Dermot are effectively the most regular hosts now, even if it is once a week. I suspect given they started Jan 2021 their contracts may be due for renewal at the end of the year and hopefully ITV put the money on the table to keep them and use them more, but I wouldn't be surprised if after the last few months Dermot might want to walk away from the drama himself, whilst Bake Off is probably providing the biggest paycheque for Alison now. (Side note but it's nice to see how well American viewers seem to have responded to Alison on "The Great British Baking Show")

ITV need to get this report out sooner rather than later really so the show can move on - it was supposed to be by the end of September but we're in November now, and ideally they'd have a more solid presenting arrangement ready for January. If they don't they'll probably continue as they are until the summer and leave any major refresh till September.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 07-11-2023

(07-11-2023, 12:31 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It looks like Josie is heading down under for I'm a Celeb which seems to be a waste of resources at the moment - and if it all goes wrong could leave them with another role to fill either.  Even if it's clearly a temporary measure having Craig and Rochelle in for the next few weeks would give them some consistency, but I suspect producers may want to test other combinations on air too.  Based on previous years Dermot and Alison and Craig and Josie were probably due to cover the last two weeks before Christmas anyway, so if they can get an extra week from Dermot and Alison that leaves them with just November to cover really.

Alison and Dermot are effectively the most regular hosts now, even if it is once a week.  I suspect given they started Jan 2021 their contracts may be due for renewal at the end of the year and hopefully ITV put the money on the table to keep them and use them more, but I wouldn't be surprised if after the last few months Dermot might want to walk away from the drama himself, whilst Bake Off is probably providing the biggest paycheque for Alison now.  (Side note but it's nice to see how well American viewers seem to have responded to Alison on "The Great British Baking Show")

ITV need to get this report out sooner rather than later really so the show can move on - it was supposed to be by the end of September but we're in November now, and ideally they'd have a more solid presenting arrangement ready for January.  If they don't they'll probably continue as they are until the summer and leave any major refresh till September.
I can't see Josie being controversial on IAC, she's fairly low key.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - eyeTV - 07-11-2023

It could give Josie a massive profile boost and make her a contender.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Jon - 07-11-2023

Yes, considering she’s also been on Big Brother twice including winning one of those series and she’d be given a good edit whatever, I’m sure it would be fine.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Johnr - 07-11-2023

I don't know why but my mind already has Josie set as the winner

It would be fascinating to see how long Alison Hammond would last on the show these days compared to her appearance in 2010 where she entered on Day 6 and was voted out by Day 14, but back then she was just 'that one who jumped on the table and broke it on Big Brother' and a minor showbiz reporter for This Morning

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - RhysJR - 08-11-2023

Cat Deeley will apparently be a guest host next week. I think she is based in the UK now, so a possible name to take the full time job potentially.

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/thismorning-catdeeleyann1