Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 15-11-2023

I think Cat will be back but I would imagine it'll be Ben and/or Dermot.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Ash101 - 15-11-2023

(15-11-2023, 04:51 PM)XIII Wrote:  I think Cat will be back but I would imagine it'll be Ben and/or Dermot.

I'm not even sure if this week is about trying people with each other or just a case of filling certain dates. Rylan has posted himself on a plane on his Instagram Stories today, so presumably not available and it appears to be Alison with Craig tomorrow.

Seems like a real headache for whoever is in charge of booking presenters!

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - all new phil - 15-11-2023

Cat is the best thing to happen to TM in years. Perfect fit for the show.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - EJnutz - 15-11-2023

(15-11-2023, 06:29 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Cat is the best thing to happen to TM in years. Perfect fit for the show.

I totally agree and I thought her pairing with Craig was perfect

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - fanoftv - 15-11-2023

I suppose that’s the issue with not having contracted presenters for the four days a week.

I do hope for stability soon. Whilst it’s nice to see different faces in the presenting role, it does feel like eternal half term.

I was thinking the other day that this is the first period in the show’s history with uncertainty in terms of presenters. Richard & Judy left, and despite the hiring of Colleen and Twiggy, they had strong presenters in John & Fern to eventually fill that gap. They then (luckily) employed Phil for the Friday edition which ended up becoming a more full time role, with Phil staying on after Fern left to welcome in Holly.
Obviously circumstances cannot be helped, but it’s a shame that they didn’t have anything more permanent in place.

As for the show, I’ve seen before say that the set and branding won’t simply be changed because of the presenters, however, as a long term viewer of the show I strongly associate the current branding and set with Phillip & Holly… possibly because they became part of the brand for the programme.

As for future replacements, there are many strong contenders, possibly so many that I’m unsure which way they’ll go. Both Craig & Dermot have proven to be very capable in the role, but Rylan also has a charm not only with the viewers but also with the crew and wider team which is nice to see.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - all new phil - 15-11-2023

I generally think Rylan is great, but I’m not sure he’s right for This Morning.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JMT1985 - 15-11-2023

(15-11-2023, 07:02 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I generally think Rylan is great, but I’m not sure he’s right for This Morning.

Rylan has the ability to do family friendly shows along with his more adult shows - I remember when he was on The Last Leg this year, he said he would like to focus more on his adult shows for maybe Channel 4, so maybe we won't be seeing him too much on This Morning

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JustJamie - 17-11-2023

(15-11-2023, 05:00 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  I'm not even sure if this week is about trying people with each other or just a case of filling certain dates. Rylan has posted himself on a plane on his Instagram Stories today, so presumably not available and it appears to be Alison with Craig tomorrow.

Seems like a real headache for whoever is in charge of booking presenters!

Seems like it’s a breeze for whoever is booking presenters for next week. Been confirmed it’s Alison and Dermot on Monday - likely all week.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JamesWorldNews - 19-11-2023

Some media outlets are reporting that Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, is to become a This Morning “presenter”. However, I’d imagine that she’ll be a contributor alongside the likes of Vanessa Feltz and Gyles Brandreth, as opposed to a main presenter.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - RhysJR - 19-11-2023

(19-11-2023, 09:15 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Some media outlets are reporting that Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, is to become a This Morning “presenter”. However, I’d imagine that she’ll be a contributor alongside the likes of Vanessa Feltz and Gyles Brandreth, as opposed to a main presenter.

This tweet (though unreferenced) says she will be a "guest editor", which makes more sense in my head.

https://x.com/tvukzone/status/1725989407059038467?s=20