Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Flux - 27-11-2023

(27-11-2023, 11:19 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  I can imagine whoever has the job of updating the titles daily is looking forward to a nice break for the next month...

I doubt it's *that* big a job Big Grin

I've never liked the daily updates in those titles myself anyway. The original 2015 set was very nicely done and felt quite classy with headlines nicely incorporated into scenes, but the 2018 replacement when they moved to TVC always felt cheap in comparison with words just appearing on the side of the building etc. and that was even before the presents were removed and they were given the very empty hasty re-cut.

Hopefully January will bring a new look. Whatever happens with hosts, I'd personally like to see them ditch any presenters from the intro, and revert to something akin to the 2013 set which brimmed with themes and topics covered by the show through animation. It never dated, but felt full and reflective of the show's wide content.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 27-11-2023

Have to wonder if they'd go to so much effort on the Christmas titles if they only intended to use them for one year, but then in TV there often isn't much logic to things like that.

There was a generic Christmas titles sequence without Phil and Holly but it was quite bland so glad they've not used it.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - bilky asko - 27-11-2023

I especially enjoyed the misspelled "Televsion Centre" sign in the titles.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - freeview87 - 27-11-2023

(27-11-2023, 11:01 AM)RDJ Wrote:  New Christmas Opening Titles premiering today featuring an animation of Santa and Mrs Claus driving in the skies in the This Morning taxi to Television Centre.

Obviously the past Christmas titles heavily featured Holly and Phillip hence why new ones were needed.

They had ones without anyone last year...

https://youtu.be/PfR5LHNC54s?feature=shared 

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - VMPhil - 27-11-2023

(27-11-2023, 02:54 PM)freeview87 Wrote:  They had ones without anyone last year...

https://youtu.be/PfR5LHNC54s?feature=shared 

These presenterless versions of the titles always freak me out. Like it's set in a post-apocalyptic world where there's no-one left to present This Morning. The format doesn't quite work without the presenters!

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - fanoftv - 27-11-2023

What a lovely idea to create Christmas titles (bar the spelling mistake and the jaunty animation of the design on the side of the taxi) they work really well. I haven't watched the programme from today, but do the characters feature in break stings, etc.? Saying that they seem to have been fading into breaks recently.

The studio looks lovely and festive as always. I’m assuming they’ll be filming their Christmas Day programme soon so that Alison will be included before she begins panto.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 27-11-2023

No - sadly just a sting like the end board or the in-vision circle logo, so no hint of what they've done in the main titles in the stings.

The show did put the titles up on Twitter but have taken them down now. Wonder if the mistake will be corrected.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 28-11-2023

They've corrected the mistake in the titles today.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JAS84 - 28-11-2023

(27-11-2023, 11:25 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Yes.  I was so shocked to see someone had their Christmas Decs up a couple of weeks ago I nearly dropped my Easter Eggs.
You joke, but it's not that unrealistic to see Easter stuff already on sale - Aldi already has hot cross buns. And that's an item with a shelf life of a week at the most!

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 28-11-2023

Yes, just been to the shop and the cream eggs are out on the counter.

Bringing it back on topic though and assuming Dermot and Alison aren't getting the gig full time then Craig really is the easy choice to be the replacement for Phil. I think Holly is a bit trickier - Rochelle and Josie both quite competent but not quite there for me, though I'd favour Josie out of the two. I can't see Cat doing it full time either but seen reports this week she's lined up to replace Holly on Dancing on Ice if required which I think would be a very good fit.

Ultimately though I imagine the current mix and match arrangements will continue for the next few months at least, if not for longer. GMB has been going nearly three years without replacing Piers after all.