Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Ash101 - 15-12-2023

Pretty boring if true. I really think they’re missing a trick not using someone like Rylan or Craig, who just have a bit more personality about them.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Johnr - 15-12-2023

Personally I'm not really sure why there seems to be a huge need to have a 'permanent pairing', if anything the last few months have actually proved the show works quite well rotating some presenters with each other and giving the unknown a bit of a go!

But this is The Sun so we'll wait and see anyway

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Humphrey Hacker - 15-12-2023

(15-12-2023, 03:26 AM)Johnr Wrote:  Personally I'm not really sure why there seems to be a huge need to have a 'permanent pairing', if anything the last few months have actually proved the show works quite well rotating some presenters with each other and giving the unknown a bit of a go!

But this is The Sun so we'll wait and see anyway

Seems to have worked with HIGNFY.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 15-12-2023

Can only assume Dermot and Alison didn't want it full time, which wouldn't be a huge surprise with Dermot at least. If they did Thursdays as well though that would be a good compromise.

Glad it's Cat rather than Kate but although she's a good name I wasn't overly impressed by her and she still has US commitments with SYTYCD, though perhaps commitments she's kern to drop for a UK based job. Think that is all pre-recorded now so not the six month filming commitment it once was anyway.

I do think Ben is a better fit on This Morning than GMB but it's ridiculous to try and save one show by compromising another, though perhaps a move that will see GMB finally pull it's finger out and hire a permanent male co-host. Craig is better though.

With the success of Deal have to wonder if this move could be the final nail in the coffin for Tipping Point, or at the very least see the number of new eps filmed each year slashed in half.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - darrenlit94 - 15-12-2023

I think if they are going for permanent hosts and if it is Ben and Cat. I would go for Ben and Cat on Monday and Tuesday and then have Dermot and Alison on Wednesday and Thursday. Then have a random fun pairing on a Friday. Josie and Rylan or Craig would be good.

(15-12-2023, 01:44 PM)darrenlit94 Wrote:  I think if they are going for permanent hosts and if it is Ben and Cat. I would go for Ben and Cat on Monday and Tuesday and then have Dermot and Alison on Wednesday and Thursday. Then have a random fun pairing on a Friday. Josie and Rylan or Craig would be good.

I think in that case they'd split the weeks rather than days, but could work - but they could do it without adding Ben and Cat to the mix.

Have to wonder if Alison and Dermot will end up the main hosts a year down the line anyway although Ben and Cat are clearly too safe rather than too risky so that's not as inevitable as it might have been. "Ben and Cat" does sound more likes a cartoon series though.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 15-12-2023

(15-12-2023, 10:42 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Can only assume Dermot and Alison didn't want it full time, which wouldn't be a huge surprise with Dermot at least. If they did Thursdays as well though that would be a good compromise.

Glad it's Cat rather than Kate but although she's a good name I wasn't overly impressed by her and she still has US commitments with SYTYCD, though perhaps commitments she's kern to drop for a UK based job. Think that is all pre-recorded now so not the six month filming commitment it once was anyway.

I do think Ben is a better fit on This Morning than GMB but it's ridiculous to try and save one show by compromising another, though perhaps a move that will see GMB finally pull it's finger out and hire a permanent male co-host. Craig is better though.

With the success of Deal have to wonder if this move could be the final nail in the coffin for Tipping Point, or at the very least see the number of new eps filmed each year slashed in half.

They won't axe Tipping Point, it still does good business and probably is fairly cheap to run, I would guess an episode cut which I think has happened already as they only filmed 100 episodes for next year.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Ash101 - 15-12-2023

I thought Dermot & Alison were the obvious choices, but it appears they don't want it (or are at least saying so).

Dermot was on Heart Breakfast a few weeks back and said they're happy being the 'Friday guys'.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Spencer - 15-12-2023

I would imagine if Alison had become part of the main pairing, and therefore one of the main faces of ITV, she might be precluded from working for other channels, including doing Bake Off for C4, which could have been a big consideration for her.

I doubt it considering Holly regularly worked for BBC1. I suspect Bake Off probably pays her more for 20-30 days a year work than the rise she'd get from ITV for doing an extra 60-80 days or so over the year.