Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - darrenlit94 - 15-12-2023

(15-12-2023, 04:39 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  I thought Dermot & Alison were the obvious choices, but it appears they don't want it (or are at least saying so).

Dermot was on Heart Breakfast a few weeks back and said they're happy being the 'Friday guys'.

I don’t think Dermot or Alison need or want to do it full time. They never really do anymore shows together at the moment. They both cover other days with other presenters but they never seem to present together other than their usual Friday. There must be a reason for that.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Ash101 - 15-12-2023

(15-12-2023, 09:25 PM)darrenlit94 Wrote:  I don’t think Dermot or Alison need or want to do it full time. They never really do anymore shows together at the moment. They both cover other days with other presenters but they never seem to present together other than their usual Friday. There must be a reason for that.

Pretty sure they did a good few weeks together not long after Holly’s departure.

Neither have appeared much outside of Friday’s in the last few weeks. I doubt we’ll see Alison again regularly till end of January as that’s when her Panto run is till.

I wonder who is doing the Christmas Day episode this year? You’d expect Alison & Dermot?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 15-12-2023

Usually they would have done this week but seems Alison has had the time off for panto (Craig and Josie are in next week, which they did last year too). Of course recent weeks would have likely been scheduled with the intention Holly would be one of the hosts. Lisa Snowdon hasn't been too bad the last couple of days to be honest.

I wouldn't mind if they continued doing an extra week at the half terms/holidays, even if that means Ben and Cat get longer holidays than Holly and Phil. The ideal though would probably be a Mon-Wed/Thu-Fri split - it would actually be quite strange to have the same hosts four days a week virtually every week after the mix and match approach of recent months.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Johnr - 15-12-2023

The press have now said it won't be Cat after all due to So You Think You Can Dance and the relaunch will have to be 'delayed'

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - cando - 16-12-2023

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/cat-deeley-turns-down-morning-31685644 

Cat has turned it down apparently

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - eyeTV - 16-12-2023

(15-12-2023, 11:29 PM)Johnr Wrote:  The press have now said it won't be Cat after all due to So You Think You Can Dance and the relaunch will have to be 'delayed'

I also seen reports that say that Ben is staying at GMB and Craig is the preferred male. Confused

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 17-12-2023

It's as if the press don't actually know what is going on.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JAS84 - 17-12-2023

(15-12-2023, 11:29 PM)Johnr Wrote:  The press have now said it won't be Cat after all due to So You Think You Can Dance and the relaunch will have to be 'delayed'
The Sun's journalist should've known that Cat would turn it down due to that pre-existing commitment, so why did they report it as being a done deal? ITV wanting her might have been true, but her taking the job looks like it was never a possibility, not when she needs a few months off every year to do an American show.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - all new phil - 17-12-2023

(17-12-2023, 12:16 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  The Sun's journalist should've known that Cat would turn it down due to that pre-existing commitment, so why did they report it as being a done deal? ITV wanting her might have been true, but her taking the job looks like it was never a possibility, not when she needs a few months off every year to do an American show.

We don’t know if she’s turned it down or not yet. All we know, pretty much for definite, is Cat and Ben have been in talks. Everything else is just speculation and probably an element of negotiation by both sides.

If Alison can take off most of December and January for panto, I’m sure they can come to an arrangement with Cat. They won’t just walk away from the person they want because of something they can work around.

It’ll be Cat and Ben. Feel free to call me a nob if I’m proven wrong.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - W. Knight - 18-12-2023

ITV's external review re the Schofield fiasco is out.
https://www.c21media.net/news/phillip-schofield-review-finds-itv-made-considerable-efforts-to-determine-truth/