Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JustJamie - 09-02-2024

(09-02-2024, 11:18 AM)Spencer Wrote:  This Morning has just come back from an ad break into a standby tape, with an on-screen message apologising for the disruption to the schedule.

Presumably there’s been a fire alarm or something at TVC.
They're back on.

It was technical issues.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Stooky Bill - 09-02-2024

(03-02-2024, 11:03 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  If that's the criteria, surely Andi Peters is the obvious candidate from within the ITV Daytime family.
Presenting wise he's great, but I'm not sure he he'd have such a great grasp on the editorial side of things. Having heard him as himself on Chris Moyles'shows over the years I can't see him discussing serious news issues with Nick Ferrari.

The same with Stacy Solomon.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - DeMarkay - 16-02-2024

This Morning are revealing their two brand new presenters just after 10am!

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Trafford Wharf Road - 16-02-2024

It’s Cat and Ben, as previously reported: https://x.com/thismorning/status/1758427786891399413?s=46 

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - PERMOTIO - 16-02-2024

That also sounds like a new version of the theme to me!

The dot on the 'i' in the This Morning logo top left has disappeared - not sure if that's a very slight refresh of the logo or an editing mistake.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - DeMarkay - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 11:03 AM)PERMOTIO Wrote:  That also sounds like a new version of the theme to me!

The dot on the 'i' in the This Morning logo top left has disappeared - not sure if that's a very slight refresh of the logo or an editing mistake.

It’s an extended version of the coming up music.

And I did notice the ‘i’ missing in the logo too!

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Andrew - 16-02-2024

They start “in March” according to Alison and Dermot

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - fanoftv - 16-02-2024

Exciting news, and I like the fact that they’re bigging them up with some form of promotion. I was hoping for a three-two day split, but it appears that Ben & Cat will host Monday-Thursday with Alison & Dermot on Fridays. Obviously Alison has a few other shows that she needs to film through the year, but her and Dermot have really proven themselves as a strong, stable pair of hands, Wednesday’s Valentines show for example was fantastic, a shame to see them back to just one day a week.

As pointed out at the start of this morning’s This Morning, Alison & Cat are both from the West Midlands and Ben & Dermot both had their big breaks through T4.

It’ll be nice to have a steady ship, knowing who will be presenting and when. Though with them starting in March there will only be a few weeks until Easter. Though a ship that will become unsteady on GMB.

With the music featured on the promo, I’m assuming that the current look won’t be going anywhere yet, even if it is still widely seen as the look for Phil & Holly.

At least they’ll only need to buy the first four lettered mugs for the shelving!

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - AaronTV - 16-02-2024

To be honest it’s just refreshing to see a program actually pick some new permanent presenters and promote them!

Rotating guest presenters have become so common in the industry over the last 5 years or so that it’s rare for TV bosses to actually make a big call like this.

I’m sure they’ll both do a great job, they certainly have more gravitas over the less well-known presenters and it’ll be nice for the show to get back into a more regular pattern with a solid team.

Although they are using the current look for the trailer, I do really hope they update the brand - it’s badly needed to move on from the Phil and Holly era.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - UTVLifer - 16-02-2024

I would imagine they'll be a gradual change, first letting the presenters settle in and then a revamped set and new branding in the autumn