Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Ash101 - 16-02-2024

Isn't it a bit bizarre they've done the video with Ben, as Cat was clearly unavailable?

It had been rumoured in the press for weeks anyway, so why the rush?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Flux - 16-02-2024

(27-01-2024, 02:18 AM)tellyblues Wrote:  With the music featured on the promo, I’m assuming that the current look won’t be going anywhere yet, even if it is still widely seen as the look for Phil & Holly.

I wouldn't read anything into the look or sound of the promo. Despite this pairing being rumoured for a long while, it's clearly been done quite quickly - potentially because they were trying to fit in a time for both Ben and Cat but couldn't? Not saying there WILL be a new look and theme tune when they take over (even though the show does need it...) but I wouldn't expect them to reveal either in a short announcement video like this.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 16-02-2024

Ben is a solid pair of hands and very experienced. He brings familiarity but stability to a programme that has been in array for the last 18 months and the same is true for Cat.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Blubatt - 16-02-2024

It seems like a good match, really. Both are very experienced, and have the sort of energy to carry this sort of daytime show.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 04:01 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  It seems like a good match, really. Both are very experienced, and have the sort of energy to carry this sort of daytime show.

Not only that, every time Ben has presented, it's gone down very well and with his GMB experience, we know he can do the harder topics but as we've seen on TP and other programmes, he is brilliant at the lighter stuff.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 16-02-2024

After year where fun and personality was injected into what was tired show this feels like a bland and far too safe choice. Ben always fitted well but Cat was nowhere near as good in reality as she should have been on paper. Hopefully though once settled in they find their stride.

Gutting though we'll see less of Alison, Dermot, Craig and Josie as a result though I suspect the only one of the four who perhaps wanted the full time gig would have been Josie.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - eyeTV - 16-02-2024

They should try Craig out in Ben's GMB role I could see him working quite well there.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 11:45 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  I would imagine they'll be a gradual change, first letting the presenters settle in and then a revamped set and new branding in the autumn

Wonder if their contract is longer than six months.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - fanoftv - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 01:41 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Isn't it a bit bizarre they've done the video with Ben, as Cat was clearly unavailable?

It had been rumoured in the press for weeks anyway, so why the rush?

On Wednesday a guest (the UK’s unluckiest TV contestant, apparently) mid interview pulled out a picture frame saying that he’d heard that new presenters are coming. The picture was of him meeting Ben with a cut out of Cat stuck on in the background.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - darrenlit94 - 16-02-2024

I think Ben is the perfect choice and I imagine the original plan was for him to permanently present with Holly with would have worked brilliantly. Cat I’m not so sure about as I didn’t think much of her when she did a few shows last year but I suppose once she settles in she might get better.