Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - DeMarkay - 09-03-2024

Do we think there will be a slight brand refresh on Monday, or do we think there will be gradual subtle changes for the next couple of months leading to a full brand refresh in September?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - tomo359 - 09-03-2024

Considering how they usually love to change up the daytime programmes look every year or two (cough cough loose women) you'd think new titles would be simple enough but I have a feeling there won't be much change sadly.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 02:10 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  Do we think there will be a slight brand refresh on Monday, or do we think there will be gradual subtle changes for the next couple of months leading to a full brand refresh in September?

Probably best to expect nothing then you might be surprised. I doubt anything other than the hosts will change - if Cat wasn't even available to film a promo it's unlikely they've filmed any titles. If there are new titles I'd expect them to be generic which would be for the best.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - VMPhil - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 01:42 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I can't see them making that mistake again after how the Phil and Holly thing unravelled after they were so heavily tied into the show's branding.

Shame, I was looking forward to the "Ben & Cat are the brand" posts.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - lepeterrr - 09-03-2024

I think if they branded the show 'This Morning with...' and then filled it with whoever was hosting that day it'd be fine.
Equally same for the titles, if they filmed things with all the regular stand-ins, etc, they could mash something together.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - freeview87 - 09-03-2024

I suspect we'll have to wait until September for any major change. Best not to dramatically change a brand.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Stooky Bill - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 03:42 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Shame, I was looking forward to the "Ben & Cat are the brand" posts.
Worth remembering that when they introduced the Holly and Philip titles they were already an established presenting team. They knew it worked and they were in it for the long term and it was worth building it around them.

Not the case this time

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - GraemeT88 - 09-03-2024

Loads of things ARE the brand

Pretty sure it’s Michael McIntyres Big show
Michael McIntyres The wheel
Ant and Decs Limitless win
The Jonathan Ross show

We can’t just say a name in a show title (as subtitles, and which was different on Fridays…..) is the demise of a show.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 09-03-2024

It did seem a bit harsh on Alison and Dermot their names were removed when they had to basically carry the show through the initial fallout of Phil leaving.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Flux - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 07:11 PM)GraemeT88 Wrote:  Loads of things ARE the brand

Pretty sure it’s Michael McIntyres Big show
Michael McIntyres The wheel
Ant and Decs Limitless win
The Jonathan Ross show

We can’t just say a name in a show title (as subtitles, and which was different on Fridays…..) is the demise of a show.

I don’t think anyone’s saying across the board that names shouldn’t be used in titles, but This Morning is and was a successful brand in its own right before they unnecessarily tried to push the two main hosts as the selling point instead. Trying to skew the focus onto the hosts rather than the show, its content and its reputation was a bad move (in my opinion) as it was always going to make replacing them (however they left) a more difficult job as well as make the show more liable to its hosts’ personal lives.

That’s what - in my opinion anyway - ITV would be foolish to repeat.