Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - VMPhil - 10-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 05:36 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Worth remembering that when they introduced the Holly and Philip titles they were already an established presenting team. They knew it worked and they were in it for the long term and it was worth building it around them.

Not the case this time

I don’t disagree - I was joking in my original post. I thought adding “with Holly & Philip” or the alternatives and making the cheesy opening titles revolve around them was a big mistake, presentation wise.

I hope we get a new arrangement of the theme tune at some point, the current one is tired.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - fanoftv - 10-03-2024

The classic scroller titles of the Richard & Judy era worked well to highlight the family of experts, some of the past big named guests and the hosts without making the hosts central to the titles. The short titles from around 2005 used just the hosts, but they were short and you didn’t think of them becoming the brand (even if they were at the time). For me, the 2009 rebranding was very strong as it showcased various sections of the programme through animations that flowed together like a magazine with the only focus on the hosts being the photo at the start of them; The logo and theme refresh at this point were great additions to take it into a new generation.

The 2015 Phil & Holly ones were great with clever ways to drop in daily features onto the billboards, magazines, etc. in a convincing style (the later refresh didn’t have as much thought with text appearing on the road, on a house and TV centre), but the issue was when they weren’t presenting, which was at least once every week, and not at all for several weeks of the year, take away Phil & Holly from the titles and you’re left with barely anything as the current ones have shown.

I’m unsure which is the best route to take, but I hope that in time they find a good strong branding point putting the show at the centre of it.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 10-03-2024

I do think the current titles are far too Television Centre centric but I think you could do something in a similar style but with scenes from across the country, which would feel quite fresh. The ones they did last year when they were at Coronation Street were really nicely done, and I suspect there have been a few other more bespoke efforts for OBs over the years.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JustJamie - 11-03-2024

New titles - and tweaked music!

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Trafford Wharf Road - 11-03-2024

Revised theme tune and titles just now.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Owen A - 11-03-2024

Slightly remixed theme tune and new titles this morning ahead of Ben and Cat's launch

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Spencer - 11-03-2024

Although such incredibly subtle changes, I’m wondering why they bothered. I’m not sure they really achieve anything.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 11-03-2024

Feels like with every tweak to the titles they get a little bit worse.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - DanielK - 11-03-2024

(11-03-2024, 11:01 AM)Owen A Wrote:  Slightly remixed theme tune and new titles this morning ahead of Ben and Cat's launch

Sounds like the 'demo' track that has been circulating since 2015...think it was pulled from a Daytime Graphics video that was posted.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Owen A - 11-03-2024

(11-03-2024, 12:08 PM)DanielK Wrote:  Sounds like the 'demo' track that has been circulating since 2015...think it was pulled from a Daytime Graphics video that was posted.

So it's not even new or bespoke. Has any effort gone into this change? Makes me doubt if anything will actually change in September