Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Flux - 28-08-2023

(28-08-2023, 07:48 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  As for the set, never underestimate what they can do, look at the changes for Halloween last year for it to be back to normal the next day.

Especially with the current setup where they’re in a traditional studio and the whole thing is a set, rather than a dressed space. In principle a whole new set could be built off site and then re-erected in situ over the weekend - they won’t be half as restricted with time in the same way they would have been when the set was permanently built into an existing space.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - AaronTV - 28-08-2023

As much as I think the set and graphics probably do need a freshen up, I would be surprised if they have a new look all ready to go for next week - two months would be a pretty quick turnaround for this kind of thing if they hadn’t planned any changes before the whole debacle kicked off.

What should definitely be a priority is replacing those titles - the tweaked TVC ones already looked a bit dodgy in comparison to the first 2018 set, but now they’ve been totally butchered by the removal of Phil.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JMT1985 - 28-08-2023

Also remember, This Morning has to share a studio with Good Morning Britain, so if there is new set design, it might cause a little hassle to GMB whose set is placed back to back with the This Morning set in TC3.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Andrew - 28-08-2023

I’d be surprised if they did change the actual “set”

More likely the stuff that it is it, new sofa, tables and chairs, furnishings, a new kitchen etc, rather than the actual walls and the ‘windows’

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - DeMarkay - 29-08-2023

Have they removed the into break sting? It goes from what’s coming up later to a title card with no music.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - eyeTV - 29-08-2023

They have a new sponsor, SharkNinja starts from 1st September

https://www.itvmedia.co.uk/news-and-resources/itv-announces-brand-new-this-morning-sponsor-sharkninja 

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 29-08-2023

I do wonder if they're better off waiting for the report to be published next month before making any significant changes, especially if it results in a new executive producer.

Given it's basically been the same for 8 years, even with the move to TVC, the set has aged incredibly well.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 29-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 11:18 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I do wonder if they're better off waiting for the report to be published next month before making any significant changes, especially if it results in a new executive producer. 

Given it's basically been the same for 8 years, even with the move to TVC, the set has aged incredibly well.

I suspect the hiring of Vivek Sharma as associate editor is a way to ease in a new editor if Martin Frizell has to step down. 

I'm surprised the new sponsor is debuting on a Friday rather than a Monday.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - fanoftv - 29-08-2023

I imagine if there are any changes, it’ll be decor/furniture - however the sofa seems strongly associated with the brand. The windows and screens offer great flexibility for items, with views easily changed.

If there is any refresh for the titles it would be nice to see something more generic, focussing on the features as per the 2009 titles or even something akin to the old rolling faces titles from the early years of the programme.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - fanoftv - 02-09-2023

In the new daytime promo (courtesy of DanTV) the usual logo and colour are used for This Morning.