Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Spencer - 02-09-2023

(02-09-2023, 07:44 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  If they were to replace the view of London and the Thames, what view would replace it? A view of the exterior of Television Centre? The green area in front of TC1 building?
I think that could work quite well, maybe slightly de-focused. A bit of Wood Lane hustle and bustle in the background too, could be quite nice.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - AaronLancs - 02-09-2023

(02-09-2023, 08:16 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I think that could work quite well, maybe slightly de-focused. A bit of Wood Lane hustle and bustle in the background too, could be quite nice.

Something I've always wondered considering there is no move back to the South Bank planned or any move anywhere all things considered. Would This Morning ever be brave enough to ditch the Thames backdrop? Especially considering when the move was done to W12, PS made a song and dance about it being at Television Centre. So given the passage of time and no known move back into Central London on ITV's part with all we know. Isn't it time they updated the backdrop to reflect the W12 location.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 02-09-2023

I don't think at the moment there is any benefit to dropping the background - and nobody particularly complains about the news programming with London backdrops having a window which doesn't reflect their actual location.

The issue will come if they get to the point where the background needs re-recording. Although I don't think it's imminent when they do next update the studio more significantly I could see them keeping the backdrop but adding elements which obscure it more or more shots which don't focus on it so over time it become less and less of a focus and ultimately they will feel they can drop it for a more generic studio background.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Spencer - 03-09-2023

(02-09-2023, 10:13 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I don't think at the moment there is any benefit to dropping the background - and nobody particularly complains about the news programming with London backdrops having a window which doesn't reflect their actual location.
I think the difference is that with news programmes there’s no pretence that it’s an actual window, whereas on This Morning there clearly is – especially as the screens replicated what was a real window with the exact same view.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - fanoftv - 03-09-2023

Since the move to TVC there have been many mentions of the view not being real including references to the same boat passing by multiple times, and one occasion during the winter where they changed to the summer view, and vice versa where they’ve used the Christmas snow falling window out of season when talking about Christmas.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - AaronTV - 03-09-2023

As others have said, it may make more sense to save a wider refresh of the program for after ITV publishes its internal inquiry, hence no substantial changes tomorrow.

Given the other issues swirling around regarding bullying and the culture at the show, it’s difficult to see how Martin Frizell stays on as Editor. His replacement will then probably want to put their own stamp on the show.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 03-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 09:51 AM)Spencer Wrote:  I think the difference is that with news programmes there’s no pretence that it’s an actual window, whereas on This Morning there clearly is – especially as the screens replicated what was a real window with the exact same view.

There is no pretence on This Morning either- they explained from the day they moved in they'd bought the view with them.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - fanoftv - 03-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 03:17 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  There is no pretence on This Morning either- they explained from the day they moved in they'd bought the view with them.

And I assume that decision was taken as it was supposed to be a temporary move.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - m_in_m - 03-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 04:08 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  And I assume that decision was taken as it was supposed to be a temporary move.

The move was initially thought to be temporary but not it is permanent I'm not sure I can think of a view that would be better to replace it with.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - sjhoward - 04-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 06:42 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  The move was initially thought to be temporary but not it is permanent I'm not sure I can think of a view that would be better to replace it with.

The Albert Dock would be a nice nod to the programme's roots, if there were a desire to switch it up.