Pres Café
Gladiators re-revival - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Gladiators re-revival (/showthread.php?tid=55)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Gladiators re-revival - eladkse - 14-01-2024

(14-01-2024, 01:07 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  The title sequence WAS longer than the LWT versions, the entire theme song played in it - in the LWT version the song was still playing when the logo appeared over a studio shot, segueing to the presenter intros.

I was honestly expecting the BBC version to be a lot shorter, given how that is the trend in most shows nowadays. For it to be longer was bizzarre, and makes me think they had a different piece of music originally planned (something that actually fit with the rest of the show's accompaniment).

If you play the BBC version at 1.25x speed after the initial "G" animation, it actually fits reasonably with the original version of the theme.

https://streamable.com/7xs8ne 

RE: Gladiators re-revival - NI92 - 14-01-2024

Amazing figure for Gladiators, highest rating show of the night and well deserved. I thoroughly enjoyed it as a 90s child it was the perfect mix of nostalgia and updating it for a new generation.

Thought to be fair good offerings as well as watched Michael McIntyres Big Show after and watched Masked Singer & Limitless Win (for the first time) on ITV1+1 but Gladiators the star of the night and hope they can keep up the ratings for the rest of the run, I know last night will be inflated to see if it will be any good but hopefully stay around 4-5 million for the run.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Brekkie - 14-01-2024

That's got to be the highest rating "new" show on Saturday nights in quite some time - probably since The Masked Singer launched. BBC wise I'm guessing The Wheel and Big Show have probably hit around that mark - if not we might be going back to when they launched The Voice.

If you want to see how a revivial is done badly the Aussie version begins tomorrow - it doesn't even have a crowd, and has one less event per episode despite the episodes running nearly 90 minutes with ads.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - TJTSW - 14-01-2024

where can you watch the aussie version?just to have a look?

RE: Gladiators re-revival - London Lite - 14-01-2024

To get half of the share they got in the 90s for this reboot is nothing short of a miracle in an era of streaming.

Personally this was the first Saturday night show I actually wanted to watch for over a decade and it didn't disappoint.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - James2001 - 14-01-2024

Am I the only one who didn't have a problem with Bradley or Barney at all? I thought they both did a great job.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Lester - 14-01-2024

(14-01-2024, 02:33 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Am I the only one who didn't have a problem with Bradley or Barney at all? I thought they both did a great job.

I was ready to dislike them but they were great! Bradley is a great host 👏

RE: Gladiators re-revival - PJamo - 14-01-2024

I thought they were spot on for the job they were hired to do. You just have to watch the first series with Ulrika and Fash to appreciate how comfortable Bradley and Barney were right from the off.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Jon - 14-01-2024

(14-01-2024, 01:45 PM)TJTSW Wrote:  where can you watch the aussie version?just to have a look?
Try Melbourne?

Episodes of most Aussie gameshows always seemed to appear on YouTube shortly afterwards. So if that’s still the case probably there if you don’t want to use a VPN.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Andrew - 14-01-2024

(14-01-2024, 02:33 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Am I the only one who didn't have a problem with Bradley or Barney at all? I thought they both did a great job.

I just think they didn’t need to use Bradley for this

I think that when they call on Bradley it’s often to hold up a format that might otherwise not quite perform, such as the Blankety Blank reboot. It probably would have done a bit worse with a different host.

Gladiators is a strong enough format that they didn’t need that added Bradley Walsh effect.

Now they’ve used him for this, and with Blank as well, they probably can’t realistically use him for anything else, that may need that boost, or else it might get a bit silly.