Pres Café
Gladiators re-revival - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Gladiators re-revival (/showthread.php?tid=55)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Gladiators re-revival - iloveTV1 - 15-01-2024

(15-01-2024, 08:51 PM)sjames Wrote:  I've always thought Bradley would be the perfect host for a revival of the Generation Game, and surprised it's not been tried so far. Some of the games in Take Off that he did with Holly showed that.

I'm yet to catch up with Gladiators, but as for female sports presenters what about Gabby Logan or Jill Scott?

Suspect that another go at the Generation Game may be a long way off given 2018’s attempt.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Andrew - 16-01-2024

(15-01-2024, 08:51 PM)sjames Wrote:  I've always thought Bradley would be the perfect host for a revival of the Generation Game, and surprised it's not been tried so far. Some of the games in Take Off that he did with Holly showed that.

I'm yet to catch up with Gladiators, but as for female sports presenters what about Gabby Logan or Jill Scott?

That’s what I was saying yesterday where now they’ve needlessly used up their Bradley Walsh credits, they can’t use them for something that would be better suited to his talents

With Gladiators across the winter (and if the series continues to be popular it’ll probably be more episodes next year) and Blankety Blank across the autumn, you’d be getting into a situation where he’s either on Saturday night every week of the year, or in two programmes on the same night.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - JLav25 - 16-01-2024

(15-01-2024, 11:25 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  Suspect that another go at the Generation Game may be a long way off given 2018’s attempt.

Came to say exactly that. For what it's worth, I didn't think Mel and Sue were that bad hosting it, but it didn't work so I think it will be a while before the GG comes back.

I wonder if Gladiators gets renewed (as looks likely on initial figures), whether Brad may step down from Blankety Blank. Think it's more likely than him leaving the Chase, which I can't see anyone else ever hosting, and it isn't going away anytime soon.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Brekkie - 16-01-2024

Gladiators is basically a two week filming block, though suspect they may add a Champions of Champions next series and sadly the inevitable celebrity specials (possibly one for Christmas Day). Blankety Blank is probably 5 days work if they double up the episodes.

The Chase his biggest commitment but they seem to do a long shoot every couple of years - perhaps 20 episodes a week over 15 weeks every couple of years, then a bit more for the spin-offs.

He may be one of the busiest men in showbiz but he can film alot in a relatively short time.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - ConorW2000 - 16-01-2024

I wonder also, whether they might look to have the show at a bigger venue, I think the Utilita Arena in Sheffield where the series is now holds something like 13k and demand for it was huge from what I can gather.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Stooky Bill - 16-01-2024

Great bit of Gladiator related fun from BBC Radio Derby:

https://x.com/bbcemt/status/1746223080115143037?s=20 

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Larry the Loafer - 16-01-2024

Three of them appeared on This Morning today and their personalities seemed to shine more than last Saturday's episode seemed to. Legend is comically big-headed and Viper remained cross-armed and refused to answer any questions - certainly funnier than it was scary, which I'm sure is the point. I just hope they get to put more of themselves across more often in the show itself.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - JAS84 - 16-01-2024

(16-01-2024, 02:36 PM)ConorW2000 Wrote:  I wonder also, whether they might look to have the show at a bigger venue, I think the Utilita Arena in Sheffield where the series is now holds something like 13k and demand for it was huge from what I can gather.
Yeah, and their 90s venue the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, which is also now called the Utilita Arena, has a not much bigger capacity of 15k. Based on that demand, they need somewhere much bigger. Too bad football stadia, which hold up to 90k, are unsuitable due to not having a roof.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - XIII - 16-01-2024

Bradley currently isn't doing any drama series at the moment so it's probably easy to do Chase, BB, Gladiators since they are fairly minimal commitments. Last year, he managed to do all his entertainment shows plus a documentary series for Channel 5. He's clearly not fussy who he works for.

(16-01-2024, 03:08 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Three of them appeared on This Morning today and their personalities seemed to shine more than last Saturday's episode seemed to. Legend is comically big-headed and Viper remained cross-armed and refused to answer any questions - certainly funnier than it was scary, which I'm sure is the point. I just hope they get to put more of themselves across more often in the show itself.

What I find interesting is that on BBC Breakfast, they refer to their real names as well as their Gladiator name.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - London Lite - 16-01-2024

Three of the male Gladiators from the East Midlands did an interview on EMT with Sarah Teale last week and that was entertaining as well.