Pres Café
Gladiators re-revival - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Gladiators re-revival (/showthread.php?tid=55)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Gladiators re-revival - London Lite - 19-01-2024

French gameshows have contestants from French speaking Belgium and Switzerland on a regular basis as the shows air either on the local entertainment channels or on Belgium/Swiss versions of TF1/M6. TV5MONDE FBSM also shows gameshows from France Télévisions on a delay.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Neil Jones - 19-01-2024

BGT has had non-British auditions for a while now. Indeed it was a Hungarian shadow theatre act that won the show one year.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - London Lite - 19-01-2024

I'm sure Geneva has been used for auditions for French gameshows, because of how close it is to the border with France, so you can have an audition in a neighbouring country and still get contestants from France as well as from Switzerland.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - chinamug - 20-01-2024

Britain's Got Talent Had auditions in Dublin several times. They've also held them in Cork and Tipperary. X Factor Auditions were also held in Dublin several times. LWT also did auditions for various shows in Dublin down through the years.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - cando - 20-01-2024

(19-01-2024, 11:05 PM)Jon Wrote:  I’m pretty sure X Factor has had Dublin auditions before.

I think it depends on the type of show, I don’t think a resident of Cork would turn up The Chase. But they probably would on Britain’s Got Talent, perhaps ironically.

Yeah they did an actual auditions episode of the X Factor from Dublin one year. I think it was when Niall Horan auditioned and Katy Perry stood in for Danni.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Brekkie - 20-01-2024

What's the deal now with BBC shows airing in the Republic of Ireland? Is it just assumed everyone can access the BBC, or are there shows other than EastEnders that get picks up by RTE/Virgin?

RE: Gladiators re-revival - AJB39 - 20-01-2024

(20-01-2024, 01:22 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  What's the deal now with BBC shows airing in the Republic of Ireland? Is it just assumed everyone can access the BBC, or are there shows other than EastEnders that get picks up by RTE/Virgin?

RTE have a deal with BBC Studios. They show most BBC dramas and documentaries albeit some weeks or months after the BBC has shown them with the exception of Eastenders which is shown at the same time as the BBC. They also show BBC Studios programmes produced for other broadcasters such as “The 1% Club”. The BBC channels are of course available on all pay TV platforms in the Republic of Ireland. BBC Three however is only available on SKY and BBC News is not available on SKY.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - JAS84 - 20-01-2024

Giant's in trouble. Several papers are reporting him being a steroid user.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12985435/Gladiators-star-Giant-steroids-resurfaced-YouTube-video.html#:~:text=Giant%20said%3A%20'%5BWhilst%20I,and%20responsibly%20came%20off%20steroids .'

RE: Gladiators re-revival - chinamug - 20-01-2024

(20-01-2024, 01:22 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  What's the deal now with BBC shows airing in the Republic of Ireland? Is it just assumed everyone can access the BBC, or are there shows other than EastEnders that get picks up by RTE/Virgin?

90% of households in the Republic can get BBC TV. Basically if you want to watch a BBC show you can do so directly from the source. However, if you're using the internet it becomes very complicated. Iplayer isn't available in the republic so you'd have to use the RTE player to watch Eastenders.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - JAS84 - 20-01-2024

Yeah, that situation really annoyed Irish Whovians because in Ireland, Doctor Who is on neither iPlayer (which as you say isn't available there) nor Disney+ (whose Irish service is the same as the UK's). You have to watch it on BBC One live or buy the DVD/Bluray.