Pres Café
Gladiators re-revival - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Gladiators re-revival (/showthread.php?tid=55)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Brekkie - 20-01-2024

Looks like despite episodes reportedly being filmed one at a time Bradley and Barney get the same suit each episode.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - SuperSajuuk - 20-01-2024

Powerball made its appearance tonight, but the scale was somewhat smaller than that of the original. Mostly a limitation of the venue they used to make the program, but you could tell everything was a lot closer than it was. Surprised people didn't get more points considering........

RE: Gladiators re-revival - harshy - 20-01-2024

Not sure about Bradley and son presenting, couldn’t they have selected someone from the world of sport like the original eg John Fashanu, Jeremy Guscott

Titles impressive that they are take too long to run through all the gladiators as well.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Brekkie - 20-01-2024

A good mix of games tonight - just two repeats from last week. The characters of a couple of the Gladiators developing nicely.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - RhysJR - 20-01-2024

One change from last week that was noted on here at the time is that the clock is on screen throughout each game. That works much better.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - JAS84 - 20-01-2024

Can't the contestants tie their shoelaces properly? Two of the Gladiators tried to grab a contender on The Wall, but instead only removed a shoe. Big Grin

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Neil Jones - 21-01-2024

(20-01-2024, 10:19 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Can't the contestants tie their shoelaces properly? Two of the Gladiators tried to grab a contender on The Wall, but instead only removed a shoe. Big Grin

Somebody in the original show prior to The Wall greased their legs and somebody else (or maybe it was the same person) deliberately untied their shoe laces.

John Anderson later said it wasn't a breach of the rules to do either of these things so the result stood, but it wasn't in the spirit of the competition and was effectively bad sportsmanship. However IIRC leg greasing was banned with immediate effect. Shoe laces being untied? Maybe not, as even an tied shoe can be pulled off without much effort...

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Flux - 21-01-2024

(20-01-2024, 07:09 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Looks like despite episodes reportedly being filmed one at a time Bradley and Barney get the same suit each episode.

Makes filming pickups so much easier!

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Larry the Loafer - 21-01-2024

(21-01-2024, 12:04 AM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Somebody in the original show prior to The Wall greased their legs and somebody else (or maybe it was the same person) deliberately untied their shoe laces.

Apparently, John Anderson ruled this was legal but not in the spirit of the game. Eunice Huthart revealed in a podcast that she'd used baby oil on her legs during a game of Hang Tough, which nobody ever brought up at the time IIRC.

Definitely great to see some of the personalities shining through, even though I can see the wrestling-style entrances getting a little tiresome over time. The music seemed a bit all over the place during the episode too, but I'm not sure if I was just paying more attention to it than I was last week. The more I watch clips from the original series, the more I realise just how much a solid soundtrack adds to the energy of the show.

Hopefully they'll make some tweaks for the (surely) inevitable second series!

RE: Gladiators re-revival - XIII - 21-01-2024

Weirdly I think the intro is too long, you could easily trim it and it wouldn't lose its impact.