Pres Café
Gladiators re-revival - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Gladiators re-revival (/showthread.php?tid=55)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Gladiators re-revival - PJamo - 17-02-2024

(17-02-2024, 07:42 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  But a complete newcomer devalues everybody's position in the quarter finals.

Fair point.

I assume there had to be some sort of reasoning behind it and that's all I could come up with. The filming schedule (whole series done within a fortnight) means contenders would presumably have been available throughout the filming period im case they proceeded so there must be some logic somewhere.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - JAS84 - 18-02-2024

Odd that they're called QUARTER finals when there isn't four of them. This series, frankly, is four episodes short. Three more heats and a fourth quarter final.

As for the new contestant coming in, that means he basically got a bye - however, I assume he's the same contender who would've come in had the injured one quit in the middle of his heat?

(17-02-2024, 07:29 PM)Nobby Wrote:  I wonder if they have permission to use Hanna Barbera's Bamm-Bamm Rubble character or if they just hope no one will notice.
Good point there - that banner's been pretty prominent in both of Bronte's episodes. They can probably use the defence that it was home made by Bronte's family.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Keith - 18-02-2024

(18-02-2024, 02:05 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Odd that they're called QUARTER finals when there isn't four of them. This series, frankly, is four episodes short. Three more heats and a fourth quarter final.
Hopefully the next series (assuming it's recommissioned) will have a slightly longer run.

I think even two additional episodes would suffice. One to allow for four quarter finals, and one additional heat. This would still enable two fastest runners up from the heats to reach the quarter finals.

Perhaps importantly by having four quarter finals they could then make the fastest runners up standbys for the semi-finals. Similarly having the fastest semi-final runner up on standby for the finals. Having the standby contestant appear in the quarter finals isn't ideal, however it would be worse if their first appearance was in the semi-finals (or the final).

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Brekkie - 18-02-2024

Yes, I think a 13 episode run is about right. May be the addition of a Champions edition too and it feels inevitable we'll get a Celeb episode so that would take it to 15.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - MajesticBass - 18-02-2024

From the filming as well, a lot of the time was spent on setting up each game, so I wonder if you could more easily expand the heats episode count by filming two episodes with identical games in one go.

Then with eight episodes you could shuffle the order they go out in to hide the fact.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Brekkie - 18-02-2024

Did Bradley and Barney get to change their suits for the quarter finals?

RE: Gladiators re-revival - JAS84 - 18-02-2024

(18-02-2024, 05:32 PM)MajesticBass Wrote:  From the filming as well, a lot of the time was spent on setting up each game, so I wonder if you could more easily expand the heats episode count by filming two episodes with identical games in one go.

Then with eight episodes you could shuffle the order they go out in to hide the fact.
Assuming nobody gets injured that is. Can't show them out of sequence if an injury affects later events.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Ash101 - 18-02-2024

(18-02-2024, 07:36 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Assuming nobody gets injured that is. Can't show them out of sequence if an injury affects later events.

Surely they meant shuffle the episode order more than the events in the show

RE: Gladiators re-revival - mcrdev - 18-02-2024

Games are already shuffled in the order they are shown. The Wall is the big giveaway, as you will see The Edge or Hang Tough partly set up in the background, even though they're rarely the preceding or following game.

However, if an injury affected a contender, you could just show them in the order filmed.

RE: Gladiators re-revival - Johnr - 18-02-2024

I didn’t know it was in the rules that you could forfeit competing in an event