Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - oscillon - 11-05-2023

(11-05-2023, 11:27 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  I slept through it thankfully but I watched Sky News’s report on it this morning and their tone was quite critical of the host saying Trump went unchallenged for most of the show.
Well, Kaitlan seemed to be quite combative throughout the interview, and kept challenging and fact-checking Trump. The real problem was that usually Trump just ignored her and went on talking his thing over her comments.

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 11-05-2023

(11-05-2023, 11:44 AM)oscillon Wrote:  
(11-05-2023, 11:27 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  I slept through it thankfully but I watched Sky News’s report on it this morning and their tone was quite critical of the host saying Trump went unchallenged for most of the show.
Well, Kaitlan seemed to be quite combative throughout the interview, and kept challenging and fact-checking Trump. The real problem was that usually Trump just ignored her and went on talking his thing over her comments.

He was too much for anyone. CNN should have pulled the plug on it. It was a disaster!

RE: CNN - London Lite - 11-05-2023

I watched 10 mins of it and thought I was watching Fox News. He went on his usual conspiracy tirades which have been proven not to be true.

Kaitlin was easily the wrong choice even if she did attempt to correct Trump's diatribes. Considering the talent they have who could have given Trump a much harder time, it was easily one of the worst shows on CNN under Chris Licht.

RE: CNN - Kojak - 11-05-2023

(11-05-2023, 12:02 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I watched 10 mins of it and thought I was watching Fox News.  He went on his usual conspiracy tirades which have been proven not to be true.

Kaitlin was easily the wrong choice even if she did attempt to correct Trump's diatribes.  Considering the talent they have who could have given Trump a much harder time, it was easily one of the worst shows on CNN under Chris Licht.
Who do you think would have been better? (Genuine question - I don't know much at all about CNN's hosts)

RE: CNN - mark - 11-05-2023

(10-05-2023, 10:35 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  It's incredible how quickly CNN This Morning seems to be dismantling. It only feels like it launched a short while ago with plenty of promise and the likes of Don Lemon goes a ruins it with objective comments and off air antics with his co-hosts. I think they would have been fine with just keeping Poppy and Kaitlin but clearly the success for Kaitlin in the 9pm slot with her ratings and the performance is just something that they cannot overlook.
I'm surprised at how readily they're willing to abandon the 3-presenter format, which was one of the few things that made CNN This Morning different from New Day.

RE: CNN - Omnipresent - 11-05-2023

CNN & Trump: Can’t live with each other. Can’t live without each other.

As predictable as last night is the navel gazing that ensues with CNN talking about itself.

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 11-05-2023

I disagree that CNN shouldnt have done the town hall. Its more than likely that Trump will be the Republican nominee for president. I do question why it was help now this early. I disagree that Kaitlyn Collins was a bad choice. He is not normal. I dont care who they had moderating this thing, Trump was going to do Trump. So he is going to run over anyone who tried to fact check him. He is not a normal person. I do think that CNN should/could have had on screen fact checks whilst he was speaking to combat his lies. But in a way no one would have been able to moderate this guy. He is a wildcard in every sense of the word. I doubt that CNN cant live without Trump. In fact I think they wish he would go away. Because he's been the bane of their existence in the last few years. And has caused them nothing but trouble.

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 11-05-2023

This is one of many articles that sums up the sh@t show that was CNN's Town Hall.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/may/11/donald-trump-cnn-town-hall-guardian-panel 

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 11-05-2023

Yesterday was definitely not CNN finest hour. I knew from the start that this was a bad idea and the whole show provided that. I do understand the need to provide Republican presidential hopefuls with a platform but surely everyone should know the nature of Trump by now and last night showed it.

Do feel sorry for Kaitlin Collins, I do think she did last night to the best of the abilities required and it was a big task in front of the predictable attacks she got. It's probably likely she is going to get a load of unnecessary absue when she is likely to be announced to the 9pm slot in the near future.

Not sure who else could have hosted that would have been suitable. Can't imagine Jake Tapper would have wanted to do it given his quite obvious views of Trump and his previous no platforming of election deniers. In fact Trump probably would have walked out halfway through given how pressing Tapper would have been so it would have looked bad either way.

RE: CNN - gman - 11-05-2023

I'm not the biggest fan of Kaitlin but can't imagine any of the other big names moderating. Anderson Cooper doesn't say his name, Tapper would be too confrontational, others too soft, more too hard.
The only anchor that comes to mind would be Dana Bash - experienced, balanced, patient and tenacious.