Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - oscillon - 09-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 11:53 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  And Trump has been indicted again so I'm expecting full on rolling Trump coverage tonight and tomorrow and that Rishi interview probably isn't going to air.
Yes, they are doing special coverage with Anderson in 21L, NY and Kaitlin in Stuio D, DC (and no Jake).

9pm hour was just opened solely by Kaitlin but with AC360 tab, not CNN Primetime one, on screen; she handed in to Jake several minutes later. The intro is bespoke, "Federal indictment of Donald Trump", since at least 8pm.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 09-06-2023

(09-06-2023, 02:05 AM)oscillon Wrote:  Yes, they are doing special coverage with Anderson in 21L, NY and Kaitlin in Stuio D, DC (and no Jake).

9pm hour was just opened solely by Kaitlin but with AC360 tab, not CNN Primetime one, on screen; she handed in to Jake several minutes later. The intro is bespoke, "Federal indictment of Donald Trump", since at least 8pm.

Looking back on archive.org, Erin Burnett was the one to break the news around 7:30pm and then as you said it was Anderson Cooper from New York and Kaitlin Collins from 8pm-10pm with Erin Burnett returning to coverage from 10pm-12am in New York with Dana Bash presenting from Washington.

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 09-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 08:19 PM)sky303 Wrote:  That was one of Licht's changes, and I do hope they stay on that path instead of going back to everything is Breaking News.... like MSNBC does and ABC World News Tonight and NBC Nightly News do it a lot too...

I don't think NBC News Now's Top Story has ever started without Breaking News.

RE: CNN - xlalonce - 09-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 08:19 PM)sky303 Wrote:  That was one of Licht's changes, and I do hope they stay on that path instead of going back to everything is Breaking News.... like MSNBC does and ABC World News Tonight and NBC Nightly News do it a lot too...

Anything, including the CNN Breaking-itis is better than the "BREAKING NEWS AS WE COME TO THE AIR" from Muir on ABC News

RE: CNN - interestednovice - 09-06-2023

I think you mean:

“BREAKING NEWS, TONIGHT, AS WE COME ON THE AIR”.

Ever since Diane Sawyer hosted ABC World News Tonight then the word “tonight” has been randomly placed in the middle of sentences as a sort of verbal comma/subliminal branding/kind of tic.

They clearly think it adds some kind of gravitas to the broadcast, much as networks seem to think BREAKING NEWS gets viewers.

RE: CNN - BBI45 - 09-06-2023

(09-06-2023, 12:40 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Looking back on archive.org, Erin Burnett was the one to break the news around 7:30pm and then as you said it was Anderson Cooper from New York and Kaitlin Collins from 8pm-10pm with Erin Burnett returning to coverage from 10pm-12am in New York with Dana Bash presenting from Washington.

Would you mind sharing the link to when the news was broken? I always struggle to navigate archive.org.

(09-06-2023, 06:14 PM)BBI45 Wrote:  Would you mind sharing the link to when the news was broken? I always struggle to navigate archive.org.

https://archive.org/details/CNNW_20230608_230000_Erin_Burnett_OutFront/start/1680/end/1740 

RE: CNN - xlalonce - 09-06-2023

(09-06-2023, 06:06 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  I think you mean:

“BREAKING NEWS, TONIGHT, AS WE COME ON THE AIR”.

Ever since Diane Sawyer hosted ABC World News Tonight then the word “tonight” has been randomly placed in the middle of sentences as a sort of verbal comma/subliminal branding/kind of tic.

They clearly think it adds some kind of gravitas to the broadcast, much as networks seem to think BREAKING NEWS gets viewers.
But in the end that sounds sloppy once you start EVERY edition with that phrase. Was even worse in the Orange Ages Big Grin 
*And thanks for the correction, it is in fact "ON THE AIR" Smile

CNNi now simulcasting domestic and News Central as the Trump Indictment is unsealed. I see John King presenting from Studio D (What a day to present your last show) with Jim and Brianna presenting from Studio B. As of 2:55pm ET, Jake and Anderson are presenting.

I must say the coverage has been excellent. No talking heads, just the analysts and legal experts. This is what News Central was for and this is the perfect example of why this show works really well and why it should be kept.

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 09-06-2023

CNN has been brilliant since the indictment was handed and even more so since it has been unsealed. Jake Tapper has a panel of correspondents and anchors and having the former deputy Director of the FBI has been invaluable to their coverage. They sprinkled in a bit of analysis with a separate panel lead by Anderson Cooper. Unlike the MSNBC coverage which is just talking heads so far. I cant imagine what FNC is doing. Hope they are heading in better direction.

The lower thirds look fine and they red ticker with breaking news looks good. Its very neat in my opinion. They really cleaned up the screen clutter. I dont watch CNN for 24hrs but I havent seen the full screen BREAKING NEWS open graphic used in ages. ANd I havent seen a studio background graphics with the breaking news graphics either.