Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 10-06-2023

Regarding the Studio7 set. I would imagine there will be some material modifications so it resembles the sets at Hudson Yards. It still looked good though. I would imagine of course there will be a flooring change.
The newsrooms probably wont be anything grand. As the CNN Center newsroom was never shown on air almost a decade it seems. So its unlikely they wiill have anything as fancy as that. Probably just some regular office space and a couple of DTL positions. But thats about it.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 10-06-2023

I sure hope NY is not their inspiration for the new set. Hopefully they look at London for inspiration.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 10-06-2023

(10-06-2023, 09:30 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I sure hope NY is not their inspiration for the new set. Hopefully they look at London for inspiration.
Gonna have to disagree with you on this. The only thing worth copying from London is the desk. Not a fan of the brick or the fact that half of the set never gets seem. 

Abu Dhabi shows that London is not a design idiom for International. 

Matching Hudson Yards with an actual home base on a riser for CNN This Morning/CNN Newsroom, and a nook for weather would be my preference.

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 10-06-2023

Well whatever it ends up looking like. it will be freshened, modern and up to date, but way less grand and much much smaller in scale. It will be bureau-feeling probably. This is probably the opportunity to officially remove Atlanta as CNN HQ and rebrand NY as the official HQ so whatever physical studios/broadcasts spaces wont be that significant. Total speculation....seems like CNNi will officially take over use of Studio7 set and Fredricka will maybe a smaller set for the weekend shows.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 11-06-2023

They will only need one set that domestic and international can share since CNNI will use it only overnight and domestic only needs it for weekend mornings.

RE: CNN - excel99 - 11-06-2023

As things stand there is half an hour 'overlap' a week between CNN/US and CNNI Atlanta studio output. Saturday at 12pmET when CNNI has World Sport and CNN/US has CNN Newsroom. Although for half an hour a week, a 'flash' set could potentially be a 'workaround' to that.

RE: CNN - interestednovice - 11-06-2023

I would not be at all surprised to see a flash set edition of World Sport on CNNI during that time.

Given that 1) they don’t care much about CNNI relative to CNN US and 2) the programme could easily be mostly presented standing up in front of a screen, even entirely if needed, so a small insert studio would be enough.

The same space could double up for down the line interviews, etc at other times.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 11-06-2023

Well, they don't seem to have an issue with their flagship, primetime programme coming out of a flash set for 3 years now.

RE: CNN - bakamann - 12-06-2023

I was expecting Early Start on CNN and CNNI right now, but they aired basically a loop of three commercials for five minutes only for both CNN and CNNI to crash back to Max and Bianca in London to cover the breaking news story on Berlusconi's death.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 12-06-2023

Both CNNI and CNN/US just had staggering four minutes of fillers at the TOTH instead of Early Start before finally going back to Max and Bianca for breaking news.

Apparently London needed some time to compose together the initial part of the coverage.

UPD. At 10 minutes past the hour, they went on with the regular bulletin and switched over to Trump, not handing over to Early Start. May be the issue was not with international news breaking shortly before TOTH, but rather with Early Start having technical difficulties, hence the pause at the TOTH?

UPD2. At :25, after the first break, Christine Romans is back on air with Early Start.