Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - bakamann - 12-06-2023

CNN has crashed to Early Start without introduction or acknowledgement.

I wonder if the studio had manage to "start" Early Start, but the control room is experiencing some technical issues preventing them to broadcast the program?

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 12-06-2023

No Isa Soares Tonight or Quest Means Business tonight or tomorrow, CNNi is showing domestic coverage of Trump arriving in Miami with Jake Tapper and Erin Burnett presenting. (Anderson is hosting a Town Hall with Chris Christie tonight hence why he is not presenting so far.)

Early Start is abandoned Tuesday and Wednesday for an extra hour of CNN This Morning

EDIT: Surprisingly International has opted out of Domestic as of 8:20pm for Isa Soares hosting QMB.

RE: CNN - wilmington - 12-06-2023

(12-06-2023, 07:22 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  No Isa Soares Tonight or Quest Means Business tonight or tomorrow, CNNi is showing domestic coverage of Trump arriving in Miami with Jake Tapper and Erin Burnett presenting. (Anderson is hosting a Town Hall with Chris Christie tonight hence why he is not presenting so far.)

Early Start is abandoned Tuesday and Wednesday for an extra hour of CNN This Morning.

Sounds good.

RE: CNN - drnilescrane - 13-06-2023

It looks like they've increased the font weight a bit for the main strap, at least during the Christie town hall.

I personally prefer it - the thin weight from when the package premiered was too hard to read across the room, even on a large TV.

RE: CNN - JayCasey - 13-06-2023

CNN appears to have reverted to it's anti-Trump stance following the former president's court appearance. Pretty much every news network, including BBC News are showing aerial shots of Trump's journey to Miami Airport, with a stop off at a Cuban cafe, whilst CNN have not elected to show any of that, and have six talking-heads in the studio with Anderson Cooper.

Didn't take long since the departure of Licht before the network went back to it's old ways did it!

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 09:35 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  CNN appears to have reverted to it's anti-Trump stance following the former president's court appearance.  Pretty much every news network, including BBC News are showing aerial shots of Trump's journey to Miami Airport, with a stop off at a Cuban cafe, whilst CNN have not elected to show any of that, and have six talking-heads in the studio with Anderson Cooper.

Didn't take long since the departure of Licht before the network went back to it's old ways did it!
They did show it. Randi Kaye was there on the phone.

RE: CNN - drnilescrane - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 09:35 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  Didn't take long since the departure of Licht before the network went back to it's old ways did it!
The "Breaking News" ban also seems to have been lifted.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 09:35 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  CNN appears to have reverted to it's anti-Trump stance following the former president's court appearance.  Pretty much every news network, including BBC News are showing aerial shots of Trump's journey to Miami Airport, with a stop off at a Cuban cafe, whilst CNN have not elected to show any of that, and have six talking-heads in the studio with Anderson Cooper.

They had it on for a few minutes, but then Tapper had a mini-meltdown and pretty much demanded the producers to stop showing it. I guess the DC talking heads all sharing the same opinions/views/narratives is much more interesting. Shy

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 13-06-2023

I watched the entire motorcade journey on CNN as well. They used the live feed from WSVN. I dont think they are particularly anti-Trump. At the end of the day, you cant "both-sides" a former American president who fomented an insurrection, got twice impeached, and twice arrested. it is what it is. Its very serious, not Anti-Trump.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 13-06-2023

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1668715569393090563?s=46&t=--zrRFhy1ypP8lVfEtNHHw 

I’d argue that CNN pulling away from the cafe is exactly what Licht wanted. Don’t fall into the hysteria trap from the first time