Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - sky303 - 25-06-2023

I don't think I've ever seen a news channel or program go back to old graphics before.... especially after 25 days (since that's Monday the 26th) ... they introduced them on June 1st, also Chris Licht was still there on June 1st... it feels like longer but it's not been that long.

The internal problem for CNN wasn't really Licht's fault, he couldn't fix the internal problems that happened under Zucker, and the ratings, which I have to point out , I feel the audience of American cable news viewer likes the idea of someone telling them what they think of the news versus doing the news with an anchor, reporters. Licht couldn't fix the problem for many reasons, some of it was that he might have been over his head, he did producing and did that well, "Morning Joe", "CBS This Morning", "The Late Show" and I'd say that he made CNN News Central pretty good, but I think running a network was just over his head, there's more moving parts. It happens.

I guess the logic is more it's hard to find someone who would want to run CNN, so they are taking a long time to find someone, they could change their mind and have someone before the election, but just in case, they are saying probably don't be thinking they are going to make an announcement anytime soon.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 25-06-2023

Currently no Early Start on the schedules tomorrow but an extra hour of International Newsroom from 5am-6am ET instead.

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 25-06-2023

(25-06-2023, 05:00 AM)sky303 Wrote:  I don't think I've ever seen a news channel or program go back to old graphics before.... especially after 25 days (since that's Monday the 26th) ... they introduced them on June 1st, also Chris Licht was still there on June 1st... it feels like longer but it's not been that long. 

The internal problem for CNN wasn't really Licht's fault, he couldn't fix the internal problems that happened under Zucker, and the ratings, which I have to point out , I feel the audience of American cable news viewer likes the idea of someone telling them what they think of the news versus doing the news with an anchor, reporters. Licht couldn't fix the problem for many reasons, some of it was that he might have been over his head, he did producing and did that well, "Morning Joe", "CBS This Morning", "The Late Show"  and I'd say that he made CNN News Central pretty good, but I think running a network was just over his head, there's more moving parts.  It happens.

I guess the logic is more it's hard to find someone who would want to run CNN, so they are taking a long time to find someone, they could change their mind and have someone before the election, but just in case, they are saying probably don't be thinking they are going to make an announcement anytime soon.

It seems an utterly nonsense decision quite frankly! That old Breaking News sting that aired as posted by Oscilion was a fave of mine and now I'm wondering if it was loaded rather than left in the system since 2018!

The new graphics are in trend, flat, easy to understand, digestible etc... I can't fathom why there is a need to reverse.

RE: CNN - wetsom - 26-06-2023

Very intrsting, the CNNI Newsroom is controlled from Hudson Yard.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 26-06-2023

(26-06-2023, 10:29 AM)wetsom Wrote:  Very intrsting, the CNNI Newsroom is controlled from  Hudson Yard.
Normally Atlanta controls CNNI. Did something different happen today?

(26-06-2023, 11:28 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  Normally Atlanta controls CNNI. Did something different happen today?

It is only the extra 5 am edition. Some graphic elements, and music coming in early start package.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 26-06-2023

CNN International appears to have tweaked lower thirds, making fonts even bolder and using ALL CAPS on the flipper

[Image: CNNI-lower3rds-jun26-1.png]
[Image: CNNI-lower3rds-jun26-2.png]

Name checks have also changed - instead of occupying all lower thirds, they now appear below the headline, much like it was before the update a month ago

[Image: CNNI-lower3rds-jun26-3.png]

CNN/US keeps previous settings

[Image: CNNlower3rds-jun26-00.png]

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 26-06-2023

Who presented the extra hour? Was it from London in the Bianca & Max format or another hour of Atlanta overnights?

RE: CNN - oscillon - 26-06-2023

(26-06-2023, 01:22 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Who presented the extra hour? Was it from London in the Bianca & Max format or another hour of Atlanta overnights?
It was Max Foster 4-6am ET, Bianca was off today and will be for this week, as Max announced.

The 4am hour used "with Max Foster and Bianca Nobilo" intro card, while 5am hour reverted to "with Max Foster" used by CNNI at 8am.

[Image: CNNI-Newsroom-jun26-4am.png]
[Image: CNNI-Newsroom-jun26-5am.png]

Both screencaps taken from archived US feed, so indeed 5am hour was domestically produced, as the news flipper appeared on the Domestic feed.

Meanwhile, CNNI-only 8am Newsroom takes over the whole hour, culling World Sport. got extended by 15 minutes, making a shorter edition of World Sport.

In case you missed it, here is the video from the very strange CNN Newsroom:
https://archive.org/details/CNNW_20230626_090000_Early_Start_With_Christine_Romans/start/0/end/60