Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - oscillon - 09-07-2023

Interesting view of the Studio A all lit in SOTU colors seen behind some of the panelists on today's SOTU (which was still in studio B). They've even put a faux pas ornament on the curved screen!

[Image: CNN-SOTU-backdrop-A-3.png]

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 09-07-2023

I admire anyone who can tell all these DC and NY sets apart. Old New Day was different, current CNN TM is also recognizable. But everything else looks like one giant gray, newswall filled room, with different shows in different corners of it.

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 09-07-2023

Well I guess its no different than trying to see the difference in all the same-y BBC Jago sets over the years. LOL

RE: CNN - oscillon - 10-07-2023

CNN This Morning is coming today from Washington (apparently studio D) for the first time in its history, with Phil Mattingly, a This Morning frequenter, and... Pamela Brown!

[Image: CNN-TM-DC.png][Image: CNN-TM-DC-2.png]
"5 things" are done not side-by-side, due to the lack of loooong curved screens, but consequentially.

[Image: CNN-TM-DC-5t.png]
Not sure where exactly this single screen is in Studio D, may be it is a screen behind the in-studio guests on The Lead, but I'm not sure here.

UPD. Look like it is the background screen for The Lead guests, now that Pamela did a stand-up presentation in front of it and narrower screen to the left is also seen.

[Image: CNN-TM-DC-3.png]
The only other occasion of this screen used in a similar way was the Trump arraignment coverage in mid-June, where Jake did the opening in front of it as well.

Also, it is this very screen that had a recent failure during The Lead: https://www.newscaststudio.com/2023/06/30/cnn-video-wall-fail-the-lead/ 

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 10-07-2023

Oops!

Saima Mohsin Is taking CNN to court over a variety of things.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/jul/10/former-reporter-suing-cnn-for-unfair-dismissal-and-racial-discrimination 

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 10-07-2023

Didn't know she was treated so terribly. Hope she wins!

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 10-07-2023

If her allegations are true. Thats for the courts to decide surely. Funny how there is no rush to judgement when the precious Beeb is involved. LOL

RE: CNN - Skygeek - 10-07-2023

(10-07-2023, 08:11 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  If her allegations are true.  Thats for the courts to decide surely.  Funny how there is no rush to judgement when the precious Beeb is involved. LOL

There hasn't been, by anyone here, so far as I can tell. From what I've read, contributors here have behaved impeccably.

If you don't like how we do things, you always have the option of not bothering to engage.

(Oh, and Saima is a wonderful and honourable person and fantastic journalist, unworthy of being in the same breath as your snide commentary.)

RE: CNN - oscillon - 11-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 07:58 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  CNN Tonight broadcast from Anderson's studio (21L) Wednesday and Thursday. Wonder if this means Kaitlan will launch from the CNC/EBO studio (19Z)?

It has launched, from 19Z indeed! The desk is moved to the opposite side as compared to EBO

[Image: CNN-Source-wideshot.png]

The opening/headlines shot, though, is done in almost the same part of the studio as EBO and, to an extension, Alisyn Camerota's CNN Tonight (although Alisyn actually stood on that podium at the screen during her opening shot). The irregular arc above the headline image is digital and looks... weird. Why not just enlarge the image so it fills the whole height of the wall?

[Image: CNN-Source-intro.png]

The logo; the intro music is less dramatic as compared to CNN News Central and may be CNN Primetime

[Image: CNN-The-Source-logo.png]

Content-wise, so far it was two political interviews and now a second of them being discussed by a panel of two - alas, much more SOTU / Inside Politics stuff than a newscast / reporting (which, IIRC, was in the original proposals when now-ousted Chris Licht tried to solve the 9pm conundrum)

UPD. CNN Primetime, now at 10pm, retained its design but lacked the long intro due to the handover from Kaitlan. It is anchored - at least for today - by Laura Coates, who was originally planned to host the DC-based 11pm hour. Not sure if it is just for one day (the hour looks to be specifically focused on Trump's legal troubles), or if she will be on the regular rota.

[Image: CNN-PT-10pm-Coates.png]
For some reason, there is no desk for her, just a chair.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 11-07-2023

(03-07-2023, 05:06 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  To me that looked like it was actually onset. Its gonna be strange when they scrub "From CNN Center...." voiceover from the titles. But then again. Its just semantics really. Wherever CNN is operating can be dubbed CNN Center. The sad part is the head honchos seem embarrassed to include "Atlanta" in the openers..... which used to be in many of the title openers. The channel used to be proud to say Atlanta. Even the anchors would say "from CNN Center in Atlanta, I'm Paula Newton"...or whomever. 'Dem days are gone. Ugh.

You could still hear Paula Newton say exactly that though... she fills in as an anchor on CNNI overnights often enough, and they do still mention coming from CNN Center sometimes. I heard it just the other night! Something like "studio 4 at CNN Center in Atlanta"

And I guess CNN Center is still technically the world headquarters until it finally fully stops operating. Tongue No one ever officially took that title away. But Techwood probably will NOT get that designation.

Techwood will NOT be dubbed CNN Center. I get what you're saying, but that name is just too tied to that specific, iconic building. It will be a loss not just for CNN's history but a loss for the city of Atlanta once everyone finally moves out....