Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 31-07-2023

(31-07-2023, 03:27 PM)gman Wrote:  That wouldn't be a bad thing. Rahel has really proved herself to be a very good anchor.

Totally agree! She's so go good! I've really enjoyed watching 'News Central' with her covering over the past few months. One wonders who'll fill Christine Roman's position as CNN Chief Business Correspondent unless that goes to Rahel too.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 01-08-2023

Jake Tapper is back on The Lead, ready for the new Trump indictment to drop at any time - they even started without their usual headlines!

Also, as is usual with such anticipation, they rolled out the big desk and all shows throughout the day originating from Studio D up till now are done at this desk.

[Image: CNN-Jake-Tapper-1aug.png]

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 01-08-2023

I do like how CNN has prepared themselves for these events. Trump is now saying he is going to be indicted at 5pm ET (10pm) so I'm expecting them to go straight into Breaking News mode if that does happen with no World Sport on CNNi. Normal schedule is on domestic at the moment though given this will a totally new indictment I am guessing they may rip up the evening schedule. Good news is we won't have to guess what happens if Trump is indicted whilst Jake Tapper is on holiday because he is back!

They just changed the screen background behind Jake in Studio D to the Jan 6 Investigation one.

EDIT: Anderson Cooper is now presenting alongside Jake as of 5:50pm from New York Studio 21L.

At 5:58 pm Wolf Blitzer and Erin Burnett took over - most likely, for the next two hours, as Jake usually returns alongside Anderson in the AC360 slot.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 11:00 PM)oscillon Wrote:  At 5:58 pm Wolf Blitzer and Erin Burnett took over - most likely, for the next two hours

Yup and Anderson mentioned he and Jake will be back from 8pm.

Also, Wolf is in the same Studio D, not his usual A/B, so Anderson's several-minute interlude allowed the change from Jake to Wolf within one studio.

(01-08-2023, 09:53 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  They just changed the screen background behind Jake in Studio D to the Jan 6 Investigation one.

As soon as it was learnt that it was Trump who is in the indictment the label of the background changed again to "The January 6th Indictment of Donald Trump"

Before:

[Image: CNN-Studio-D-1aug-1.png]
After:

[Image: CNN-Studio-D-1aug-2.png]

UPD. Another couple of interesting things noticed:

1. At 8pm as Jake and Anderson returned to anchoring, three CNN correspondents - Evan Perez, Kaitlan Collins and Paula Reid were deployed to the same position outside the Federal Court, at one point even all of them were seen simultaneously in one shot. Later in the hour Kaitlan did an interview from there as well.

2. Despite most of the studios having special Indictment theme, AC360 branding still crawled onto the infrequently seen rightmost videowall of 21L

[Image: CNN-21-L-rightwall-1.png]

UPD2. 9pm hour has "The Source" aston, and is triple-headed between Jake, Anderson and Kaitlan outside the Federal Court, who proceeded with DTL interviewing Trump's attorney

[Image: CNN-1aug-9pm-open.png]
Good to see Kaitlan not being completely ``run over'' by the special coverage and still showing up in her anchor's role.

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 03-08-2023

Early Start with Omar Jimenez is coming from a flash studio today.

Also, CNN This Morning is coming from the Early Start space in 21L.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 03-08-2023

If this was a BBC thread we’d be three pages deep on why they switched studios, and how unacceptable it is for a flagship breakfast show to be in such a small temp set by now.

I will say this looks intentional. The background isn’t just the stitched city graphic, it includes the bookshelf. I guess we’ll see what happens with the NY studios tomorrow to really start speculating on if we’re getting a new set, why they’re renovating the town hall studio rather than the mothballed brick studio, or if it was a false alarm and it’s back to normal tomorrow.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 03-08-2023

CNN Special coverage of the Trump Arraignment today has begun with Wolf Blitzer from Washington in Studio B with the News Central desk (and some chairs) and Erin Burnett from New York in Studio 21L. I think it will be Jake and Anderson taking over from 3pm ET.

UPDATE 1: Jake and Anderson have taken over ten minutes early as of 2:50pm ET. Wolf and Erin are back at 6pm.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 03-08-2023

(03-08-2023, 06:01 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  CNN Special coverage of the Trump Arraignment today has begun with Wolf Blitzer from Washington in Studio B with the News Central desk (and some chairs) and Erin Burnett from New York in Studio 21L. I think it will be Jake and Anderson taking over from 3pm ET.

UPDATE 1: Jake and Anderson have taken over ten minutes early as of 2:50pm ET. Wolf and Erin are back at 6pm.

And they switched the DC studio to D when taking over. The initial choice of Studio B, obviously, is due to the fact that Inside Politics was occupying Studio D the previous hour before the coverage kicked off.