Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 14-08-2023

It looks like that fancy New York newsroom set wont be making a comeback after it was torn down and was supposedly getting refitted for another edition of NewsCentral. It was the only programme I enjoyed. But since Licht left you can tell its mercilessly getting tinkered with. I imagine as some point they will probably reformat it to a talking head panel show. Because they are cheap. And Im not surprised they didnt announce anything new from CNN International.

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 14-08-2023

(14-08-2023, 01:12 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  It looks like that fancy New York newsroom set wont be making a comeback after it was torn down and was supposedly getting refitted for another edition of NewsCentral. It was the only programme I enjoyed. But since Licht left you can tell its mercilessly getting tinkered with. I imagine as some point they will probably reformat it to a talking head panel show. Because they are cheap. And Im not surprised they didnt announce anything new from CNN International.
The only positive I can see with this new shakeup is that Phil Mattingly has landed the co-anchor spot with Polly Harlow on 'CNN This Morning'. I am utterly shocked that Alisyn Camerota has been sidelined. IMO she is such an incredile talent at CNN, been a fan since she was hired! 

Absolutely choked at Kasie Hunt landing Early Start over Rahel Solomon. 

Aghast at shifting Abby Phillip to 10PM, she'll be missed as a core part of the Political panel.

Also, how is cutting News Central down to two hours going to work with having three anchors? 

Why is Smerconish still on the schedule? He's been sidelined from any major event coverage for a number of years, so why not just dispose of. Unbearable viewing.

I wasn't a fan of Chris Licht, but I think he got things almost in balance toward the end. This latest remix is not a work of art by any means.

I'm very passionate about CNN, not so much about this latest hot mess of crap!

RE: CNN - wetsom - 14-08-2023

Breaking! Ticker is back on CNN USA!

...and more elements updated...

[Image: OTY3MzE5.png]

RE: CNN - oscillon - 14-08-2023

(14-08-2023, 02:40 PM)wetsom Wrote:  Breaking! Ticker is back on CNN USA!

...and more elements updated...

[Image: OTY3MzE5.png]

Rolling back Licht's changes... Although it took longer than 2-3 weeks as was originally announced.

CNNI keeps flipper for now... but has Bianca Nobilo doing one loooong shift today - not only she did 1.5 hours of Newsroom, she is now also doing her first CTW!

[Image: CNN-CTW-BN-14aug.png]

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 14-08-2023

(14-08-2023, 12:55 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Interestingly, they are being back the NewsNight name which they had many years ago when Aaron Brown was with the network.
Lot's of interesting changes. Newsnight and a name that sounds like Larry King Live is definitely a throwback. Phillips and Coates will do well in the late night spots, although it's a shame this bumps Camerota. Hunt in the early morning continues the theme of resurrecting things from the past. 

Saturday morning is the biggest shocker. The schedule hasn't had this many shows since The Next List, Your Money, and Sanjay Gupta MD were cancelled over a decade ago. Amanpour and Wallace are an exceptionally strong add in my opinion.

Brown at 3pm is a wild card. Glad to see her back on air, just didn't expect it. Can't see them continuing a 3 anchor format for the DC News Central with the cut to 2 hours.

The biggest hesitation I have is the morning team. CNN desperately need name recognition at Breakfast. Harlow and Mattingly just aren't there yet. Hopefully we'll still see Solomon as a regular contributor in that block. 

For the first time since December 2021 the schedule is whole. We can rest. 

(14-08-2023, 01:12 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  It looks like that fancy New York newsroom set wont be making a comeback after it was torn down and was supposedly getting refitted for another edition of NewsCentral.
When was there a plan for a third News Central or a renovation of the Newsroom studio? CNN vacated the floor that housed Studio 17N as a cost cutting measure.

Edit to add the promo photos, which are pretty clean:

[Image: cnn-primetime-lineup.jpg]
[Image: cnn-weekend-lineup.jpg]

(14-08-2023, 03:33 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Lot's of interesting changes. Newsnight and a name that sounds like Larry King Live is definitely a throwback. Phillips and Coates will do well in the late night spots, although it's a shame this bumps Camerota. Hunt in the early morning continues the theme of resurrecting things from the past. 

Saturday morning is the biggest shocker. The schedule hasn't had this many shows since The Next List, Your Money, and Sanjay Gupta MD were cancelled over a decade ago. Amanpour and Wallace are an exceptionally strong add in my opinion.

Brown at 3pm is a wild card. Glad to see her back on air, just didn't expect it. Can't see them continuing a 3 anchor format for the DC News Central with the cut to 2 hours.

The biggest hesitation I have is the morning team. CNN desperately need name recognition at Breakfast. Harlow and Mattingly just aren't there yet. Hopefully we'll still see Solomon as a regular contributor in that block. 

For the first time since December 2021 the schedule is whole. We can rest. 

When was there a plan for a third News Central or a renovation of the Newsroom studio? CNN vacated the floor that housed Studio 17N as a cost cutting measure.

Edit to add the promo photos, which are pretty clean:

[Image: cnn-primetime-lineup.jpg]
[Image: cnn-weekend-lineup.jpg]

Are we to assume Victor Blackwell remains on CNN This Morning with Amara?

RE: CNN - oscillon - 14-08-2023

(14-08-2023, 03:07 PM)oscillon Wrote:  CNNI keeps flipper for now... but has Bianca Nobilo doing one loooong shift today - not only she did 1.5 hours of Newsroom, she is now also doing her first CTW!

Wow, CTW just changed anchor for its second hour... to Christina McFarlane (who recently is no stranger to CTW)

[Image: CNN-CTW-CM-14aug.png]

(14-08-2023, 12:52 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2023/08/14/cnn-announces-new-programming-lineup-prime-weekends-dayside-anchors-schedule/ 

Ooof, some weird and unexpected moves there.

Kasie Hunt, a political reporter, for Early Start? Might not work without turning the show into another politics-focused one. Well, let's just hope 5am hour will prevent any sort of panel from taking place.

"The Bulletin with Pamela Brown" gives a little hope that this might actually be a BULLETIN... but the hope is still small. Did DC's edition of News Central underperform in ratings so they decided to chop one hour off it? News Central was the thing that Licht got right, sad to see one of its editions being partially undone.

Good things: nice to see them utilizing Chris Wallace in full, almost lost hope he'd get his own live show!

Also great to see Amanpour return to the Domestic airwaves, let's hope this will be a pacier gig than her weekday CNNI, which now amost entierely consists of long-form interviews.

I wonder how Victor Blackwell's show will look like, now that it is placed immediately after TM Weekends, which he... will still be co-presenting? Or is he leaving it to focus on his solo gig?

Also, Barkley/King show collides with The Source, when on air. Will The Source air four days a week then?

RE: CNN - House - 14-08-2023

(14-08-2023, 04:17 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Kasie Hunt, a political reporter, for Early Start? Might not work without turning the show into another politics-focused one. Well, let's just hope 5am hour will prevent any sort of panel from taking place.
Not sure if you realise but this was part of Kasie’s role at MSNBC before joining CNN - presenting ‘Way Too Early’ as a lead-in to Morning Joe.

Has there been any word on where these adjusted programmes will be broadcast from?

Hunt, Phillip , Coates and Mattingly are all D.C based so that's quite some upheaval if they all move to NYC.

Currently the weekday set up is:

5am-Noon - NYC
1pm-7pm - D.C
7-Midnight - NYC

RE: CNN - Global TV - 14-08-2023

(14-08-2023, 05:18 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Has there been any word on where these adjusted programmes will be broadcast from?

Hunt, Phillip , Coates and Mattingly are all D.C based so that's quite some upheaval if they all move to NYC.

Coates will stay in DC, Mattingly and Phillip will be moving to NY. No information about Hunt were given.