Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 14-08-2023

(14-08-2023, 04:13 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Are we to assume Victor Blackwell remains on CNN This Morning with Amara?

Remains to be seen. If Victor Blackwell is off the weekend morning show I'd push for a Holmes/Walker reunion.

(14-08-2023, 05:18 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Has there been any word on where these adjusted programmes will be broadcast from?

Hunt, Phillip , Coates and Mattingly are all D.C based so that's quite some upheaval if they all move to NYC.

Phillip and Mattingly are confirmed moving to NY. Coates is confirmed staying in DC. Hunt is the wild card.

This also sets the stage for Collins to move back to DC as well since they'll have a crew for a late DC show.

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 14-08-2023

(14-08-2023, 05:34 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Remains to be seen. If Victor Blackwell is off the weekend morning show I'd push for a Holmes/Walker reunion.

Phillip and Mattingly are confirmed moving to NY. Coates is confirmed staying in DC. Hunt is the wild card.

This also sets the stage for Collins to move back to DC as well since they'll have a crew for a late DC show.

Hunt would need to move to NYC as D.C isn't manned at those hours. I can't remember a time when Early Start was broadcast from D.C. Makes sense for Collins to move back to D.C. though to balance out the programming from each base.

I suspect with these changes we will finally see a revamped studio from Hudson Yards, presumably 19Y

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 14-08-2023

Hunt is a terrible choice for a CNNI simulcasted hour. Rahel is fab and should have been chosen. Mattingly is good for the breakfast show, I'll give them that.

As for the rest of it, since most of them are on overnight in Europe, thankfully I don't have to see any of them, so I don't really care.

Amara's hours reduced on simulcasted weekend slots is another bad change. As is more Amanpour.

As usual, CNNI is a forgotten stepchild, but maybe it's better that way cause it will probably become even worse once they start tinkering with it.

RE: CNN - sky303 - 14-08-2023

A bad outcome for Alisyn, she's pretty much removed from anchoring now. Kasie Hunt, used to do a Sunday show on MSNBC called KASIE DC , they moved her to a revived Way too Early at 5am ET weekdays, she left to CNN and now she's ended up doing a weekday 5am ET show, ironic.

The Title of Victor Blackwell's show doesn't sound very news-y "First of All with Victor Blackwell" and looks like Saturday loses the 8am ET, 10am-12pm ET hours of live newscasts for more stuff....at least with Amanpour at 11AMEt , CNNI gets a show with someone that at least is on CNNI. It is sad without HLN having Weekend Express there's no technical morning news shows on cable news in the US on Saturdays and Sundays between 9am and at least Noon ET.

Lot of the changes seem random, all they really had to do was find an Early Start anchor, a CNN This Morning co-anchor, though I wished they were brave and made it a solo hosted show , then maybe add some people to do Sports, Weather, Business news, etc. (yes, I'm saying almost Morning Express style), and find something for 10pm-12m ET. They didn't need to change up Saturday or weekdays 3pm ET. Kind of wished they had cut the Lead to 5pm, put Brown at 4pm ET.

Poor CNNI, doesn't get anything really... but with out budget cut happy things are, maybe it's for the best when it could go a bad way.

(14-08-2023, 07:37 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Hunt is a terrible choice for a CNNI simulcasted hour. Rahel is fab and should have been chosen. Mattingly is good for the breakfast show, I'll give them that.

As for the rest of it, since most of them are on overnight in Europe, thankfully I don't have to see any of them, so I don't really care.

Amara's hours reduced on simulcasted  weekend slots is another bad change. As is more Amanpour.

As usual, CNNI is a forgotten stepchild, but maybe it's better that way cause it will probably become even worse once they start tinkering with it.

I totally agree about Kasie Hunt in that slot. It's about the only fixed flowing news bulletin we get. The format is perfect. It's my go to when at 10pm in London, not so much when in NYC, but still - it provides the perfect mix. It really doesn't need a political heavyweight. And agreed - Rahel has nailed it over the last few months across all shows. Hopefully she and Camerota are the go to subs when people are off. I still can't quite get over the demotion of Camerota. 

Regarding CNNI - I think it's fine as it is, what would you have changed at this juncture? Maybe there's more to come for CNNI this week? If anything, the channel could benefit from giving its shows proper studios rather than the cheap flash set ups. Julia Chatterley serves no real purpose and I'd much prefer to see Zain Asher or Richard Quest gain an hour. Zain is the foremost forgotten and underused talent at CNNI, no question about it.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 14-08-2023

The Lead is using the giant desk in Studio D used for big events. I'm guessing it's for the possibility that Trump could be indicted again today and they are setup for that possibility.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 14-08-2023

(14-08-2023, 09:06 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  The Lead is using the giant desk in Studio D used for big events. I'm guessing it's for the possibility that Trump could be indicted again today and they are setup for that possibility.

Most likely so, they did the same for several days before Jan. 6 indictment came. Although once before that the desk appeared just for the sake of the panel towards the end of the show.

CNNI now (during the simulcast) has a mish-mash of its non-reversed lower thirds (bottom left aston) and newly reversed lower 3rds on the Domestic (bottom right one)

[Image: CNNI-mixed-l3rds.png]

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 14-08-2023

Much prefer the live bug and clock layout on international. The big live bug and small clock on domestic is a bit of an eye sore, mainly because the curve is on the wrong corner.

Trump's will be charged tomorrow so Washington has been set up for just that.

Actually, Sky News broke the story earlier as documents were posted to the Fulton Court website and then removed.

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-charged-with-conspiracy-to-commit-forgery-by-georgia-state-prosecutors-12940075 

RE: CNN - wilmington - 14-08-2023

(14-08-2023, 02:40 PM)wetsom Wrote:  Breaking! Ticker is back on CNN USA!

...and more elements updated...

[Image: OTY3MzE5.png]

Finally... this is so much better, especially the clock and stock ticker.  Great job.