Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 15-08-2023

Phil Mattingly is clocking up a 5th hour of live tv today by hosting 'Inside Politics' from a flash studio in NYC.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 15-08-2023

(15-08-2023, 01:35 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  It truly is back to Zucker mode. All Trump all the time, CNNI be damned....

At 1pm CNNI finally returned to its usual habit with Amanpour, followed by Isa Soares Tonight and QMB.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 15-08-2023

(15-08-2023, 01:35 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  It truly is back to Zucker mode. All Trump all the time, CNNI be damned....

I understand your sentiment, but it hasn’t even been 24 hours since we learned of the Georgia indictment.  

It’s nearly 7pm ET on Tuesday as I write this.  We learned there was an indictment around 9pm Monday (but didn’t know who was indicted).  Was closer to 11pm Monday that we learned that yes, Trump was indicted.  

This is not a story to quickly move on from.  It’s a major story. Of course other stories should also be covered… and they are, even more so now that we’re out of the initial aftermath of the indictment.

RE: CNN - London Lite - 16-08-2023

When the local Atlanta tv stations opted out for the Georgia indictment last night using their own news teams instead of using network content, this justifies CNN giving special coverage.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 16-08-2023

It's his 4th indictment, it's already old news and not unprecedented as they are hyping it out to be.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 16-08-2023

(16-08-2023, 12:36 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  It's his 4th indictment, it's already old news and not unprecedented as they are hyping it out to be.

Lol… old news?!  Again it hasn’t even been 24 hours.  
And… of course it’s unprecedented.  What do you mean it isn’t?

Next week we should see his arrest and arraignment.  And unlike the other times we may actually get video of it.   Also unlike the other times — he may get a mugshot.  

The Georgia case is also unique in that he can’t easily get a pardon.  Even the governor of Georgia can’t just hand out a pardon.  So… it’s certainly newsworthy to cover!

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 16-08-2023

Never has any US president of any time period faced this many legal problems within as many months. Up to this point the biggest scandal was Watergate from the 60s. This blows anything out of the water and completely evaporates that water. Its probably the biggest political news story in living memory or the history of the United States. Because its happened 4 TIMES, doesnt make the 4th time that less important. If fact, as opposed the first 2 indictments, the last 2 are extremely serious. Especially since these are state changes, which the US federal government has ZERO jurisdiction. Because the he has had RICO charges leveled against him, used to jail members of the mafia, it carries a minimum of 5 years, as was mention the Governor is powerless to overturn that conviction. It might be boring or repetitive to those elsewhere, especially those outside the North America. But the implications are very much wide-ranging and hardly old news. Especially in the context of upcoming election and his place for the Republication nomination. Expect it will continue to dominate the news cycle for months until every case has been adjudicated in court of law. So expect more and often in future.

MSNBC blew FNC and CNN out of the water with a combined viewership of nearly 4million viewers late last night.

RE: CNN - James2001 - 16-08-2023

The only people who want us to believe this story is nothing and we should move on are the Trump fans.

And I'm sure their attitude would be different if it was Biden, or any democrat, even in a fraction of the amount of trouble Trump is (look at how much they try and push the Hunter Biden case regardless of the fact he isn't a politician of any kind, and don't forget Hillary's emails, Fox News barely shut up about either).

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 16-08-2023

^^^^^

Or people who are sick of seeing him dominate news cycle and eat up coverage of everything else that's happening in the world. But yeah, I also don't feel psycho hatred for him just because he won the election once and don't think he's Hitler or whatever has been served up by CNN & co for the last 7 years.

Meanwhile, more than 100 US citizens were killed by historic fires last few days but it's that Trump mugshot we all need to see..... Shy

RE: CNN - Talkover - 16-08-2023

In my opinion, it is very simple:
CNN is an American broadcaster. The focus is on the American view of world events. (For many, this will also be the attraction of turning on CNN.)
I live in Germany and would be happy if I could also receive CNN US regularly here. BTW: There are a number of alternative channels for international events.
Apart from that: I am annoyed by many CNNI-programs - „living Golf“, „inside africa“ etc. - that are shown at the expense of news.