Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - xlalonce - 21-08-2023

(20-08-2023, 12:21 PM)wilmington Wrote:  CNNI looks unfinished, elements missing.
CNNI looks way much better, and even with V3 being the worse of the of the updates to the recent package

RE: CNN - Marcell - 22-08-2023

It's little things like this that annoy me.

On the international Newsroom intro the logo has straight edges while the L3s are all rounded. On the outro Max Foster's social details also have straight edges (actually part of the 2014 package).

I know these Newsroom graphics came out while the previous L3s were still being used, but it can't be that hard to round out the logo in the intro.

(As you can probably tell I have way too much time on my hands)

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 23-08-2023

(22-08-2023, 12:58 AM)Marcell Wrote:  I know these Newsroom graphics came out while the previous L3s were still being used, but it can't be that hard to round out the logo in the intro.
It may seem pedantic, but the logo in the lower third isn’t rounded, the bug box it sits in is. CNN’s traditional logo is the iconic red letters, as seen in the lower third graphics. If you googled a png, the results would have a transparent background. The secondary CNN logo is the red square with white letters, introduced during the Jeff Zucker era. In this case the red square is part of the logo and should not under any circumstances be modified.

It looked like CNN was going all in on the red square logo for a while, so it was a surprise when the 2014 graphics package kept the traditional logo in a box sized around it. In the Licht era it seemed like he was moving as far away from the red box. Now we’re in a hybrid where both logos are used seemingly without a clear distinction (promos, idents, show names).

RE: CNN - Marcell - 23-08-2023

(23-08-2023, 12:47 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  It may seem pedantic, but the logo in the lower third isn’t rounded, the bug box it sits in is. CNN’s traditional logo is the iconic red letters, as seen in the lower third graphics. If you googled a png of it the results would have a transparent background. The secondary CNN logo is the red square with white letters, introduced during the Jeff Zucker era. In this case the red square is part of the logo and should not under any circumstances be modified.

It looked like CNN was going all in on the red square logo for a while, so it was a surprise when the 2014 graphics package kept the traditional logo in a box sized around it. In the Licht era it seemed like he was moving as far away from the red box. Now we’re in a hybrid where both logos are used seemingly without a clear distinction (promos, idents, show names).
As you described, the traditional logo is the red letters with the white box, so I'd also prefer if they went all in one that.

My gripe is more with how the Newsroom graphics are all angular and full of straight lines. Surely they must have known of the upcoming changes to the L3s before they signed off on it?

RE: CNN - oscillon - 23-08-2023

CNNI now simulcasting News Central instead of Amanpour due to possible Prigozhin plane crash.

It appears the news came shortly after the TOTH. Did Amanpour (or whoever was covering for her) interrupt the program (that is later shown on PBS) to announce the simulcast or did the feed just broke away to CNN/US without any announcement?

RE: CNN - AJB39 - 23-08-2023

(23-08-2023, 06:34 PM)oscillon Wrote:  CNNI now simulcasting News Central instead of Amanpour due to possible Prigozhin plane crash.

It appears the news came shortly after the TOTH. Did Amanpour (or whoever was covering for her) interrupted the program (that is later shown on PBS) to announce the simulcast or did the feed just broke away to CNN/US without any announcement?

Amanpour aired up to it’s first ad break but never returned after the break. News Central interrupted the ad break initially with coverage about Rudi Giuliani and then about the plane crash.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 23-08-2023

Of course, how could Amanpour or whomever is subbing, be qualified to cover this international breaking news story....

RE: CNN - oscillon - 23-08-2023

(23-08-2023, 06:43 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  Amanpour aired up to it’s first ad break but never returned after the break. News Central interrupted the ad break initially with coverage about Rudi Giuliani and then about the plane crash.
Wow, that's weird, Amanpour has ad breaks now? Recently it has been airing non-stop from :00 to :55, possibly the only CNNI show to do so - possibly due to later PBS airing.

(23-08-2023, 07:05 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Of course, how could Amanpour or whomever is subbing, be qualified to cover this international breaking news story....

I think that the problem of Amanpour the program is that it rebroadcast on PBS several hours (!) later, so it really cannot do coverage of unfolding events.

RE: CNN - AJB39 - 23-08-2023

(23-08-2023, 07:16 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Wow, that's weird, Amanpour has ad breaks now? Recently it has been airing non-stop from :00 to :55, possibly the only CNNI show to do so - possibly due to later PBS airing.

It did today. I’m a Virgin Media cable subscriber in the Republic of Ireland and can replay CNN programmes from the start for up to one week after they air via my EPG. That’s how I was able to check.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 23-08-2023

And now we're getting rolling coverage of whatever's happening with Rudy Giuliani. CNNI, where art thou?

Must be fun for Isa & Quest sitting in the newsroom and watching their ''shows'' .