Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 24-08-2023

Nice to see John King back doing some presenting in New York, he's chairing the panel in Studio 19Z.

For the 6pm hour, it's Wolf Blitzer from Studio D in Washington, John King from New York Studio 19Z (Who I think is covering for Erin Burnett whilst she is on pre-planned leave) and Kaitlan Collins from Fulton County Jail.

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 24-08-2023

(24-08-2023, 10:19 PM)scottishtv Wrote:  I think this seems unlikely as they only just launched 'CNN Fast' on certain connected TVs and mobile devices across Europe in May this year. It's exactly the jukebox-type channel you mention.

[Image: 230824_cnn_fast.gif]

More info: https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2023/05/23/cnn-launches-new-fast-channel-in-europe/ 

Forgot that just launched. Good catch. CNNFast/Replay seems to be ripe platforms to run those new live newsblocks. Makes the most sense. Even financially to drive people to both CNNMax and CNNReplay/Fast for ad revenue. So seemingly is just an international version of CNN Replay. Mate with the changes CNN seems to make within months. Who knows what will happen. LOL. Look how fast they dropped CNN+ after its launch and then they destroyed the new graphics after they were launched. Who knows whats going to happen. Maybe if Thompson becomes the head, he can right the ship and steer it correctly. Hopefully he can straighten our CNNi. What a mess.

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 25-08-2023

(24-08-2023, 05:30 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Interesting. One of the articles I read said it will mostly simulcast CNNI cause they can't show domestic shows since they are payed by cable companies and can't be streamed just like that.

Does this mean CNNI will get some attention from the head ups, finally? Plus, is this even good news or should we be afraid.... Maybe finally CNNI, can do more of its own coverage, if it's supposed to separate itself from domestic and focus on Max audience.

They can't offer the CNN US feed*. Important distinction. But simulcasted shows on CNNi seem just fine Big Grin

RE: CNN - scottishtv - 25-08-2023

It's a shame they can't even seem to bring back the hourly headlines (CNN News Now, formerly World Headlines) in any meaningful way.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yut8K03bmYg 

RE: CNN - InternationalDesk - 25-08-2023

(25-08-2023, 09:59 AM)scottishtv Wrote:  It's a shame they can't even seem to bring back the hourly headlines (CNN News Now, formerly World Headlines) in any meaningful way.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yut8K03bmYg 
I remember at some point they even introduced CNN Business Now in a similar manner to CNN News Now. What a downgrade for the once "worldwide leader in news". CNNI could have been done better, but it's just chaotic now due to poor management and US simulcasts over-shadowing the line up. It's hard to believe that BBC News is the only Western global brand retaining a broadcast centre in Asia.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 25-08-2023

(24-08-2023, 11:33 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Forgot that just launched. Good catch. CNNFast/Replay seems to be ripe platforms to run those new live newsblocks. Makes the most sense. Even financially to drive people to both CNNMax and CNNReplay/Fast for ad revenue. So seemingly is just an international version of CNN Replay. Mate with the changes CNN seems to make within months. Who knows what will happen. LOL. Look how fast they dropped CNN+ after its launch and then they destroyed the new graphics after they were launched. Who knows whats going to happen. Maybe if Thompson becomes the head, he can right the ship and steer it correctly. Hopefully he can straighten our CNNi. What a mess.

CNN actually has yet another FAST channel called "CNN Headlines" -- it's usually streaming on the CNN homepage. At least on the U.S. version, not sure about internationally.

This appears to be a direct link to that: https://www.cnn.com/videos/fast/cnn-headlines 

So CNN Replay, CNN Headlines, CNN Fast.... and we'll soon have CNN Max!

CNN+ was like a perfect storm. It was Zucker's baby and he was already gone by the time it launched. And it was launched JUST before the merger with Discovery took effect.. and Discovery execs NEVER liked the idea.

(25-08-2023, 04:39 AM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  They can't offer the CNN US feed*. Important distinction. But simulcasted shows on CNNi seem just fine Big Grin

That remains to be seen. I'm very curious to see what the lineup ends up being! Agreements with satellite and cable providers can be pretty restrictive. But obviously CNN has figured something out.

And yeah, maybe it would ultimately result in more CNNI programming and less being preempted by domestic if CNN Max is relying on it. Anything is possible!

I recall that CNN+ had Bianca Nobilo's 5PM show live (The Global Brief?)....but that was the only CNNI show that aired on it.

Everyone is always predicting the death of linear television. So maybe something like CNN Max is ultimately CNN's future.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 25-08-2023

(25-08-2023, 04:39 AM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  They can't offer the CNN US feed*. Important distinction. But simulcasted shows on CNNi seem just fine Big Grin
It's all quite confusing, isn't it. CNN and WBD have made a point that this is a 24/7 live news streaming service, as opposed to the fragmented schedule under the previous streamer, CNN+. So far only The Lead with Jake Tapper, The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, and Anderson Cooper 360 have been reported as CNN/US shows that will be shown live on Max, with Amanpour the lone CNNI show confirmed live thus far.

This leaves 12 hours of programming currently produced by CNNI (12a-5a, 8a-1p, 2p-4p) and 7 additional hours of programming currently produced by CNN/US (5a-8a, 7p-8p, 9p-12a) on the table, minus any CNN Max exclusive programming, which Axios reported could total four hours.

We know that some of the new programming will fly under the CNN Newsroom flag. What would be surprising is if CNN Newsroom, a typical daytime brand in the US, is used in the mornings or early primetime to replace some of the CNN/US hours. Seems like we might not get the full slate of CNNI shows if the new CNN Newsroom hours remain in daytime. 

Still a lot to see when the service launches on Wednesday September 27th, the day of the second republican presidential debate.

(25-08-2023, 11:34 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  This appears to be a direct link to that:  https://www.cnn.com/videos/fast/cnn-headlines 
Brilliant find! Headlines from CNN, buried in plain sight!

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 25-08-2023

(25-08-2023, 10:35 AM)InternationalDesk Wrote:  I remember at some point they even introduced CNN Business Now in a similar manner to CNN News Now. What a downgrade for the once "worldwide leader in news". CNNI could have been done better, but it's just chaotic now due to poor management and US simulcasts over-shadowing the line up. It's hard to believe that BBC News is the only Western global brand retaining a broadcast centre in Asia.

There was also CNN Sports Now at some point in time. Business Now and Sports Now never seemed to be very consistently on air at a given time.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 25-08-2023

(23-08-2023, 07:21 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  It did today. I’m a Virgin Media cable subscriber in the Republic of Ireland and can replay CNN programmes from the start for up to one week after they air via my EPG. That’s how I was able to check.

Just caught up with Amanpour and indeed, not only it has ad breaks, it is more newsy than usual, with "just in" pieces of news and live (as explicitly said on air!) reporting from the scene. 

Apparently, with Christiane Amanpour on leave this week, CNNI and PBS might have gone their separate ways with substituting the usual show.

RE: CNN - sky303 - 25-08-2023

I hope that doesn't mean they cut access to CNNI from the place formerly known as CNN Go.... the one people sign in with a cable sub login.