Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 28-08-2023

(27-08-2023, 01:28 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  I believe all of the networks had a master control room in Atlanta at one point. With the move to IP infrastructure, I have absolutely no idea if that’s still required to be a physical place or if “master control” is entirely cloud/network based. 

On another note, CNN is running a two hour State Of the Union today (going toe to toe with the Dutch Grand Prix). This means from 9am to 2pm only one hour isn’t State of the Union.

Yeah.  Master control for all networks is in Atlanta.
Not what I’m thinking of when I say all CNNI shows need an Atlanta control room.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 29-08-2023

I noticed a very obvious change to how The Situation Room starts recently and I think this has been the case since Monday. Rather than headlines been introduced sitting behind the desk, they are now being done with the presenter standing next to one of the walls between Studio A/B which I think Wolf used to do before the COVID changes.

Old:
[Image: 2023-08-29-1.png]

New:
[Image: 2023-08-29.png]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Hurricane Idalia approaches, Sara Sidner is the presenter been sent out into the storm, it means that Phil Mattingly is alone in New York presenting CNN This Morning with her. News Central has had a few changes today as well with Rahel Solomon and Boris Sanchez doing News Central in New York and just Jim Brianna doing the Washington edition of News Central. I haven't known an instance of Washington CNN News Central being drafted in to cover in New York so far. With the Hurricane set to hit early tomorrow, the overnight repeats of AC360, The Source, CNN Primetime and CNN Tonight have been dropped with CNN Tonight being two hours tonight until 1am and then a Simulcast of CNNi from 1am-4am. Early Start has been dropped and CNN This Morning will run from 4am-9am tomorrow instead.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 30-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 11:17 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I noticed a very obvious change to how The Situation Room starts recently and I think this has been the case since Monday. Rather than headlines been introduced sitting behind the desk, they are now being done with the presenter standing next to one of the walls between Studio A/B which I think Wolf used to do before the COVID changes.

Old:
[Image: 2023-08-29-1.png]

New:
[Image: 2023-08-29.png]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Hurricane Idalia approaches, Sara Sidner is the presenter been sent out into the storm, it means that Phil Mattingly is alone in New York presenting CNN This Morning with her. News Central has had a few changes today as well with Rahel Solomon and Boris Sanchez doing News Central in New York and just Jim Brianna doing the Washington edition of News Central. I haven't known an instance of Washington CNN News Central being drafted in to cover in New York so far. With the Hurricane set to hit early tomorrow, the overnight repeats of AC360, The Source, CNN Primetime and CNN Tonight have been dropped with CNN Tonight being two hours tonight until 1am and then a Simulcast of CNNi from 1am-4am. Early Start has been dropped and CNN This Morning will run from 4am-9am tomorrow instead.

John Berman has also been sent to cover the hurricane, so NY edition of CNN News Centeral has really been strapped of in-studio anchors.

Good spot about TSR, I have been wondering whether they were ever going to return to the standing presentation of this show post-pandemic.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 30-08-2023

The hurricane graphics are back, this time they’ve squished them to keep the ticker.

With the upcoming holiday weekend it’s no surprise to see about half of the anchors off this week. As Oscillon and TMD_24 have noted, the impending hurricane has turned this into a much more interesting game of musical chairs than usual.

RE: CNN - W. Knight - 30-08-2023

Both NY Times and Puck have the scoop that Thompson is near being appointed the new CNN head.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/29/business/cnn-mark-thompson.html 
https://puck.news/mark-thompson-gets-the-cnn-treatment/ 

RE: CNN - oscillon - 30-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 11:17 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  With the Hurricane set to hit early tomorrow, the overnight repeats of AC360, The Source, CNN Primetime and CNN Tonight have been dropped with CNN Tonight being two hours tonight until 1am and then a Simulcast of CNNi from 1am-4am. Early Start has been dropped and CNN This Morning will run from 4am-9am tomorrow instead.

Overnight 1-4 am ET is done by Omar Jimenez - a rather early start for him - with no CNNI presenters making any appearance. The program strap below the logo says "Breaking news".

RE: CNN - Omnipresent - 30-08-2023

Mark Thompson is confirmed as the new CEO & Chair of CNN.

This is obviously a great appointment for Mark. After the turmoil of the past few months winning staff over will be important.

https://wbd.com/mark-thompson-named-chairman-and-ceo-of-cnn-worldwide/ 

Quote:News industry leader Mark Thompson has been appointed to the role of Chairman and CEO of CNN Worldwide. Thompson will report to David Zaslav, chief executive officer, Warner Bros. Discovery, and the appointment will be effective on October 9.

In his new role, Thompson will lead CNN’s strategy, operations and business units, including its global portfolio of networks, channels and programming across broadcast, streaming and digital as well as CNN’s approximately 4,000 employees worldwide. He will act as editor-in-chief, ultimately responsible for all CNN content.

“There isn’t a more experienced, respected or capable executive in the news business today than Mark, and we are thrilled to have him join our team and lead CNN Worldwide into the future,” said David Zaslav, chief executive officer, Warner Bros. Discovery. “Mark is a true innovator who has transformed for the digital age two of the world’s most respected news organizations. His strategic vision, track record in transformational leadership and sheer passion for news make him a formidable force for CNN and journalism at this pivotal time.”

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 30-08-2023

Surprising to see this announcement so soon, the expectation was that interim leadership would carry CNN through the 2024 elections.

His “start date” is reported as October 9th. With new Primetime shows yet to debut and CNN Max slated for a September 27th launch, I can’t imagine Mr Thompson won’t be fully engrossed in his job as soon as possible.

RE: CNN - JamesWorldNews - 30-08-2023

Confirmed: Big Mark is back! He his time to CNN.

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 01-09-2023

Omar Jimenez has been in a flash studio all week for Early Start.

Could they be readying a new look for Kasie Hunt's debut.