Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 12-09-2023

Kasie Hunt madę her debut on Early Start this morning. Nothing much to report on the hour other than it appeared to have come from Washington and not New York. Was hard to tell if she was in a flash/real studio.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 12-09-2023

1. Early Start with Kasie Hunt soft-launched today

[Image: CNN-Early-Start-Kasie-DC.png]
Main difference - now it has DC backdrop insted of former newsroom one.

I'm not sure if it is in a flash studio or A/B/D - they didn't do any wide shots while I was watching, although I missed the intro.
From what I saw, there is not much in terms of new graphics, if any at all - still yellow and orange stripes as a split-screen backdrop.

To me it looked like a little bit more politics heavy, even featuring an interview with a congresswoman towards the end.

2. Just in: CNN This Morning now comes - at least today - from 19Y, former New Day home!

[Image: CNN-TM-19-Y-1.png]
[Image: CNN-TM-19-Y-2.png]
[Image: CNN-TM-19-Y-3.png]
[Image: CNN-TM-19-Y-4.png]

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 12-09-2023

It makes you wonder what exactly they are up to with the studios at Hudson Yards. Apart from the removal of various parts and stripping it back to its bare bones, it remains as it was. They've moved the CNN This Morning desk into 19Y that's for sure.

I'm wondering if they need 19X back for Election Season and the various Town Halls CNN will no doubt put on.

Also, Kasie Hunt wasn't Kasie Hunt confirmed as moving to New York? It was difficult to understand where she was this morning. She was sat on one of the faux white Vitra chairs they use on CNN This Morning which I don't think they even use in Washington?

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 11:05 AM)oscillon Wrote:  [Image: CNN-TM-19-Y-1.png]
Is that a printer sitting on the floor next to the on-air producer??

Not a fan of seeing brick back on air, especially since the CNN This Morning graphics rely heavily on wood tones that clash with the brick. They also butchered the across the USA graphic to fit within the brick columns; IMO it looks worse. Hope this is just temporary. 

As for Early Start, it felt like a typical show with a little more politics. Kasie seemed to stumble on the financial quick hits but had no problem leaning into politics. I’m sure the show will become more politics driven as Kasie gets back into the rhythm of anchoring a 5am show. I was also surprised to see no changes to the 2011 era graphics package. 

With Kasie now anchoring from what looks like a DC flash studio, is this the first time CNN US hasn’t had an on air newsroom in the regular schedule? CNN Center had the flagship newsroom until 2011 and Early Start had an on air newsroom in 2012. CNN Newsroom with Ashleigh Banfield used the Time Warner Center 4th floor newsroom before the Legal View set premiered and was used heavily until the move to Hudson Yards.

(12-09-2023, 11:34 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Also, Kasie Hunt wasn't Kasie Hunt confirmed as moving to New York? It was difficult to understand where she was this morning. She was sat on one of the faux white Vitra chairs they use on CNN This Morning which I don't think they even use in Washington?

Well, I can't see why anybody would have the Capitol building as the backdrop while being outside of DC. Plus, she made a DTL into CNN This Morning about her congresswoman interview, and her location was written as "Washington, DC".

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 12-09-2023

She is such a bad choice for a super early slot when you don't want more of DC politics talk and it's more about quick news updates,biz, weather, showbiz.

At least on CNNI we should get another hour of Max-Bianca and some proper world news.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 12-09-2023

It's tragic that since their move to Hudson Yards they were not able to come up with one decent, landmark set that would scream CNN and make it know that this is their new global HQ, the new CNN Center, since Atlanta has been sidelined and hasn't been their true HQ for years.

Instead it's been several underwhelming initial sets that have in the meantime been swapped around, changed, dumped etc so that in the end we have no idea what's the purpose or if there's any idea behind any of it.

RE: CNN - telleyhead - 12-09-2023

Agreed, they have space for a decent "main studio set". They ought to bring back 'New Day' branding, so much better.

RE: CNN - AaronTV - 12-09-2023

Have they dropped back down to two presenters now? It’s interesting that almost all breakfast/morning shows that launch with three or four presenters nearly always seem to drop one or two of them eventually.

(12-09-2023, 07:25 PM)AaronTV Wrote:  Have they dropped back down to two presenters now? It’s interesting that almost all breakfast/morning shows that launch with three or four presenters nearly always seem to drop one or two of them eventually.

With Don Lemon out and Kaitlan Collins moved to 9pm, they announced that it would be just Phil Mattingly joining Poppy Harlow, so yes, it is down to two.

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2023/08/14/cnn-announces-new-programming-lineup-prime-weekends-dayside-anchors-schedule/ 

Actually, I wonder when the rest of the announced changes will happen, especially the new Saturday line-up, with Chris Wallace and Christiane Amanpour.
10pm and 11pm on weekdays have already settled down as announced, although without new naming yet, and so have weekday mornings.