Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - kookaburra - 14-09-2023

(13-09-2023, 05:58 PM)TheJarv Wrote:  https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1701970881776418962?t=P47E9f819dOFNcAPBaGXag&s=19 

Seemingly confirmed this is now the permanent CNN This Morning set
LOL Chris Cook moonlighting for CNN on weekends?

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 14-09-2023

(14-09-2023, 08:13 AM)kookaburra Wrote:  LOL Chris Cook moonlighting for CNN on weekends?
Chris wishes he cook inject this much red on a BBC set! 

Jokes aside, I wish there was someone like Chris at CNN that was active on Twitter. I just don’t get what the game plan is here. They went from cohesive tangerine and wood to a jumbled brick, wood, and bright blue. It just doesn’t look good. 

I also don’t get why they removed the staircase and brought in a white magic wall that doesn’t fit the set, while the one that was built for that set is being used next door for News Central. 

Make it make sense!

RE: CNN - NewsCentral - 14-09-2023

(14-09-2023, 11:31 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  Chris wishes he cook inject this much red on a BBC set! 

Jokes aside, I wish there was someone like Chris at CNN that was active on Twitter. I just don’t get what the game plan is here. They went from cohesive tangerine and wood to a jumbled brick, wood, and bright blue. It just doesn’t look good. 

I also don’t get why they removed the staircase and brought in a white magic wall that doesn’t fit the set, while the one that was built for that set is being used next door for News Central. 

Make it make sense!
It's real strange. Can't help but wonder why it took so long for them to move in there either? Other than the removal of the stairwell as mentioned above, has much changed since they started using it for CNN PRIMETIME?

RE: CNN - oscillon - 14-09-2023

CNNI ditched Isa Soares Tonight and is now simulcasting CNN/US due to Hunter Biden indictment.

Not sure if they broke away from Amanpour when the news broke in the second half of the hour or they have let her show to finish.

UPD. At :27 past the hour Isa Soares took over on CNNI.

(14-09-2023, 11:31 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  while the one that was built for that set is being used next door for News Central. 

Studio 19Z, from where CNN News Central comes, has its own stairscase, and, unlike 19Y, where the staircase was decorative, this one leads somewhere - the studio has a small space on the second floor occupied by the staff.

Or they have two staircases in 19Z now, one faux, one real?

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 14-09-2023

(14-09-2023, 07:23 PM)oscillon Wrote:  CNNI ditched Isa Soares Tonight and is now simulcasting CNN/US due to Hunter Biden indictment.

Not sure if they broke away from Amanpour when the news broke in the second half of the hour or they have let her show to finish.

UPD. At :27 past the hour Isa Soares took over on CNNI.

Studio 19Z, from where CNN News Central comes, has its own stairscase, and, unlike 19Y, where the staircase was decorative, this one leads somewhere - the studio has a small space on the second floor occupied by the staff.

Or they have two staircases in 19Z now, one faux, one real?

I watched when news broke on Hunter Biden and the did break away from Amanpour after half past the hour.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 14-09-2023

(14-09-2023, 07:34 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I watched when news broke on Hunter Biden and the did break away from Amanpour after half past the hour.

Oh, that's interesting! Did she announce it somehow, like she was doing back in 2019, or was it the feed that instantly switched to another source?

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 14-09-2023

(14-09-2023, 07:50 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Oh, that's interesting! Did she announce it somehow, like she was doing back in 2019, or was it the feed that instantly switched to another source?

They didn't just randomly cut away, she introduced the breaking news and then quickly announced they were going to bring further updates from the colleagues in the US and afterwards opted into Domestic.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 14-09-2023

Isa Soares looked pissed off when she finally broke into the domestic Hunter coverage at 20.27 CET to tell us there will be more about 8.000 dead in Libya, after the break. Her frustration was evident!

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 14-09-2023

(14-09-2023, 07:23 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Studio 19Z, from where CNN News Central comes, has its own stairscase, and, unlike 19Y, where the staircase was decorative, this one leads somewhere - the studio has a small space on the second floor occupied by the staff.
I was talking about monitor carts, not stairwells. The touch screen monitor that was built for Y is in Z and the one that was built for Anderson is in Y.

RE: CNN - newsfan22 - 15-09-2023

Today was the last edition of First Move on CNNi. Julia Chatterley said that the team will be back later this year with a new show.