Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 16-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 05:17 AM)kookaburra Wrote:  27/9?
9/27, 27/9, September 27th, the 27th of September, The 270th days of the Gregorian calendar….

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 16-09-2023

If they do relaunch a new business show (not looking likely), I hope they find a more inclusive name than First Move Big Grin 

More seriously, that's the end of a longtime WBT slot (perhaps the last WBT slot even) which along with The Business View and the Quest Express have completely disappeared, only QMB is left. The CNN Money expansion of business coverage doesn't seem to have lasted very long. And even longer gone are the days of multi-city anchored WBT slots at strategic times of the business day.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 16-09-2023

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxOV-FvOCF1/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng ==

Chris Pepper, a Producer for First Move, posted that the show team, along with Chatterley, is moving to a new show at a different time later this year.

Global TV - Global TV - 16-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 08:51 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  https://www.instagram.com/p/CxOV-FvOCF1/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng ==

Chris Pepper, a Producer for First Move, posted that the show team, along with Chatterley, is moving to a new show at a different time later this year.

It means something has to go! They won’t do it earlier than 2PM GMT nor after QMB so it must be in between.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 16-09-2023

One World is the most obvious choice. Besides the subpar anchor, this is the only slot that had changes in recent years.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 16-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 10:03 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  One World is the most obvious choice. Besides the subpar anchor, this is the only slot that had changes in recent years.

Technically, 2pm ET has changed even more recently - not in format, but in anchor and thus in name (up until spring of last year it was Hala Gorani Tonight, not Isa Soares).

I actually wonder if Amanpour will continue in its current form given that Christiane is about to host a Saturday morning show. Will the latter be just a repackage of the weekday shows (like Newsnight on former BBC World News)? If not and if weekday CNNI shows are continuing as is, Amanpour is about to anchor six days a week...

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 16-09-2023

Well recently GoogleTV launched its 800 channel live tv service in the US. Basically integrating all the YouTubeTv offers and pretty much all the hundreds of channels on offer by all the streaming services, resulting in about 800+ channels. Wild.
One of those channels was CNN Replay. Its FAST offering. Well that has quietly been replaced with CNN HEADLINES and on the PlutoTV EPG is says HEADLINE NEWS FROM CNN. Its basically still a juke box type channel with long form stories presented. There are no graphic wipes or transitions between stories. Its not just CNN Domestic stories they also include CNNI into the mix.

Personally Im wondering when CNN Max launches if they will make the live news blocks available on this rebanded channel. In my opinion its kinda hidden away if you dont know its there and they certainly havent been promoting it for obvious reasons.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 16-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 11:33 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Well recently GoogleTV launched its 800 channel live tv service in the US. Basically integrating all the YouTubeTv offers and pretty much all the hundreds of channels on offer by all the streaming services, resulting in about 800+ channels. Wild.
One of those channels was CNN Replay. Its FAST offering. Well that has quietly been replaced with CNN HEADLINES and on the PlutoTV EPG is says HEADLINE NEWS FROM CNN. Its basically still a juke box type channel with long form stories presented. There are no graphic wipes or transitions between stories. Its not just CNN Domestic stories they also include CNNI into the mix.

Personally Im wondering when CNN Max launches if they will make the live news blocks available on this rebanded channel. In my opinion its kinda hidden away if you dont know its there and they certainly havent been promoting it for obvious reasons.

It’s not hidden away — CNN Headlines is literally on the CNN homepage (at least in the U.S.).  

CNN Max and all the fast channels are separate things.
I don’t think they’re going to have live content there… but who knows.  

But of course they want more people to subscribe to Max.

(15-09-2023, 09:41 PM)gman Wrote:  So Amanpour celebrating the big 40 at CNN. Saw some pics that Sara Sidner posted from the party to mark the milestone.
They seem to be glossing over the fact that she left the network in 2010! So should it be 38 years total, or 11 since she came back?!

We don’t talk about that year Wink  
Yeah, they’re basically pretending that she never left.

But it WAS the 40th anniversary of her starting at CNN.

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 17-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 11:59 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  It’s not hidden away — CNN Headlines is literally on the CNN homepage (at least in the U.S.).  

CNN Max and all the fast channels are separate things.

I know they are separate things. I meant its not promoted in anyway. its just quietly operating and not many people know unless you are looking for it.

RE: Global TV - sky303 - 17-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 09:00 PM)Global TV Wrote:  It means something has to go! They won’t do it earlier than 2PM GMT nor after QMB so it must be in between.

That really shows the state of how much they don't care about CNN International there...  the other sad thing is I wonder if the show will use a set/studio or also just be in a small room in front of a screen in New York.