Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - gman - 20-09-2023

(20-09-2023, 07:23 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  That's unexpected but good development. Another double headed show and hopefully a proper NY set for CNNI, again, would liven up this bland hour. Plus Bianna is very good!

Is it definitely double headed though? It could be a State of the Union with Jake Tapper and Dana Bash sort of job... Two presenters alternating. I hope it's double headed though. Jeez I miss Your World Today!

RE: CNN - sky303 - 20-09-2023

I wish they weren't afraid of doing more 2 hour blocks instead.
They could have two hours of CTW then two hours of One World, Isa's show could be two hours then have Quest at 4pm ET for 1 hour.

Will be interesting to see how CNN Max influences the line up in the future.

RE: CNN - newsfan22 - 21-09-2023

Also, starting from September 27 on CNNI is scheduled State of the Race with Kasie Hunt at 15.00 GMT.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 21-09-2023

(21-09-2023, 02:44 AM)newsfan22 Wrote:  Also, starting from September 27  on CNNI is scheduled State of the Race with Kasie Hunt at 15.00 GMT.

What’s old is new again!   That was originally launched in 2016 with Kate Bolduan as the anchor.  

Then after the 2016 election, the show’s title changed to State of America.  It also eventually shifted from a daily show to a weekly show.  

That original iteration was canceled in 2019.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 22-09-2023

Gosh, the channel will be totally unwatchable again.

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 22-09-2023

(21-09-2023, 11:03 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  What’s old is new again!   That was originally launched in 2016 with Kate Bolduan as the anchor.  

Then after the 2016 election, the show’s title changed to State of America.  It also eventually shifted from a daily show to a weekly show.  

That original iteration was canceled in 2019.

And I'm old enough to remember Political Mann which used to be the CNNi campaign coverage show!

RE: CNN - gman - 22-09-2023

(22-09-2023, 01:33 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  And I'm old enough to remember Political Mann which used to be the CNNi campaign coverage show!

Political Mann was good though! State of the Race, not so much...

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 22-09-2023

(22-09-2023, 01:39 PM)gman Wrote:  Political Mann was good though! State of the Race, not so much...

Both shows overlapped for a bit during the 2016 race as a matter of fact which indeed gave the opportunity for a comparison between the two, and I'd very much agree with your analysis. SOTR/SOTA seemed to have been slotted in to give Kate Bolduan her show on CNNi which iirc was promised when she left New Day.

RE: CNN - sky303 - 22-09-2023

(21-09-2023, 02:44 AM)newsfan22 Wrote:  Also, starting from September 27  on CNNI is scheduled State of the Race with Kasie Hunt at 15.00 GMT.

This would be a good idea, if CNN International wasn't already simulcasting CNN US for hours at time and already airing American politics frequently thanks to that. The only difference here it is using CNN International resources, which have already seemed to be limited, for this instead of a general international news hour.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 25-09-2023

Did One World air today? Curious to see what’s going on since we haven’t received any press updates. Even the time change for Connect the World was swept under the radar.

It feels odd that CNN Max launches in less than 48 hours and we know absolutely nothing more than from the press release a month ago. No show times, no advertising, nothing.

Manu Raju taking over Inside Politics Sunday yesterday also felt like a quiet affair.

It’s a stark change from the splashy launch and hype leading up to CNN+