Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 27-09-2023

Did World Sport air on Max/International at 5:30pm ET?

RE: CNN - oscillon - 27-09-2023

(27-09-2023, 11:31 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Did World Sport air on Max/International at 5:30pm ET?

It certainly did on CNNI.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 28-09-2023

(27-09-2023, 11:31 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Did World Sport air on Max/International at 5:30pm ET?

I don’t think it aired on Max at 5:30pm.  It was probably showing The Lead at that time.  

But maybe World Sport will air on Max during overnight hours?  Like when it’s a 45 min show with 15 min of World Sport.  Will soon find out!

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 28-09-2023

(27-09-2023, 09:55 PM)sky303 Wrote:  Here's how a simulcast with CNN I looks like

Here's a CNN US simulcast 

I will mention they are using the CNN International North American Feed , during the Lead I saw promos that use the same things at CNN I North America. They really made sure not use CNN US to get around. 

The non-appearance of a news ticker during CNN US shows is also a tell-tale sign that it's the CNNi feed being used.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 28-09-2023

Launching CNN Max through the Max app is a really smooth operation. Impressive considering the lag I get trying to stream CNN on the native app.

Also Jim Acosta is anchoring the 8am hour today.

RE: CNN - Global TV - 28-09-2023

This leaves the question, where Julia Chatterley will be?

RE: CNN - sky303 - 28-09-2023

Interesting, instead of CNN Max going to a CNN US simulcast after Biden speaking they had Jim Sciutto on with Quest Means Business graphics and the show tag. Don't know if CNN i aired that though, not near the TV to check. Sciutto finished and Quest came back after the break.

RE: CNN - Global TV - 28-09-2023

(28-09-2023, 08:56 PM)sky303 Wrote:  Interesting, instead of CNN Max going to a CNN US simulcast after Biden speaking they had Jim Sciutto on with Quest Means Business graphics and the show tag.  Don't know if CNN i aired that though, not near the TV to check. Sciutto finished and Quest came back after the break.

Yeah CNNI did it as well.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 28-09-2023

(28-09-2023, 09:05 PM)Global TV Wrote:  Yeah CNNI did it as well.
So in the future instead of simulcasting CNN/US for breaking news, one should expect CNNI to simulcast CNN Max?..

(28-09-2023, 05:23 PM)Global TV Wrote:  This leaves the question, where Julia Chatterley will be?
That's a good question. I still have some tiny hope that State of the Race will get limited to CNN Max (come on, even in 2016 it was a weekly(!) half-an-hour show, although it had many repeats later, not an hour-long weekday fixture), and 11am will get Chatterley.

Alternatively, they might create a joint CNNI/Max show later in the day, making another hour of CNN/US exclusive to cable. And I'm still not sure how Amanpour doing 6 days a week will look like.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 28-09-2023

She can fill in for Quest who's away a lot anyway.