Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 01-10-2023

(01-10-2023, 02:04 AM)sky303 Wrote:  Kind of funny the CNN Max service tuned for the US audience isn't airing the coverage of the government shutdown aversion. (for now)  As CNNI has been simulcasting CNN US.

Yep.  I guess Max can’t take extra domestic content…. But what already normally simulcasts on CNNI is fine?  Something like that.  

Right now at 11pm eastern time — special coverage of the avoided shutdown on CNNI and Max only.  Not on domestic.  Jim Sciutto anchoring.  

Looks like it’s being produced by international.  
So I guess that team is doing 7 straight hours.  Fun.

RE: CNN - interestednovice - 01-10-2023

(30-09-2023, 10:04 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  No 17:00 ET World Sport. CNN International sticking with a simulcast of CNN Newsroom’s coverage of the looming US government shutdown. CNN Max running an edition of The Whole Story.

The Whole Story also replaced the 12:00 ET edition of World Sport on CNN Max. It ran uninterrupted for 45 minutes with 15 minutes of promo fillers to round the hour.
They are going to need some 15 minute filler programmes for times like that. A solid 15 minutes of promos isn’t really acceptable.

I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but even the BBC’s guide dogs effort was better!

(01-10-2023, 04:14 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  Right now at 11pm eastern time — special coverage of the avoided shutdown on CNNI and Max only.  Not on domestic.  Jim Sciutto anchoring.  

That’s all a bit bizarre!

A US story, but covered by the International team, and otherwise exclusive to Max (as almost everyone in the US can’t see Internarional).

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 01-10-2023

(01-10-2023, 04:42 AM)interestednovice Wrote:  
That’s all a bit bizarre!

A US story, but covered by the International team, and otherwise exclusive to Max (as almost everyone in the US can’t see Internarional).

CNN U.S. finally started simulcasting CNNI at 1am (and it’s also still on Max).  11pm and 12am hours were Max/CNNI only.  Jim Sciutto anchored those hours and specifically welcomed Max viewers.

It is a bit weird!  But I guess it’s part of the strategy to boost the audience for CNN Max.  Wonder how many people were watching those hours on Max.  

Btw—
SOME U.S. cable or satellite packages actually do include CNNI, although that is more rare. 

But anyone with any valid cable/satellite subscription can access CNNI on the CNN app or website, even if they don’t have CNNI in their TV package.  

You can also access CNNI other ways in the U.S…. Like it’s a channel on SiriusXM (satellite radio).  I can listen to it in my car whenever I want to.

I think CNNI might also be available in the TuneIn Radio app (which is free).

RE: CNN - simeonsays - 01-10-2023

HI there, my first post on here! :-)

CNN were trailing a special with Dana Bash at on CNN Domestic yesterday, was it therefore canned?

RE: CNN - AJB39 - 01-10-2023

(01-10-2023, 04:14 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  Yep.  I guess Max can’t take extra domestic content…. But what already normally simulcasts on CNNI is fine?  Something like that.  

Right now at 11pm eastern time — special coverage of the avoided shutdown on CNNI and Max only.  Not on domestic.  Jim Sciutto anchoring.  

Oddly before Jim Sciutto’s two hour CNN Newsroom CNNI opted out of the second hour of Dana Bash’s news special to show a repeat of “The Whole Story with Anderson Cooper”. Does anybody know what CNN Domestic showed between 11pm ET and 1AM ET?

RE: CNN - AJB39 - 01-10-2023

(01-10-2023, 09:38 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  Oddly before Jim Sciutto’s two hour CNN Newsroom CNNI opted out of the second hour of Dana Bash’s news special to show a repeat of “The Whole Story with Anderson Cooper”. Does anybody know what CNN Domestic showed between 11pm ET and 1AM ET?
Edit: it appears looking back that Dana Bash’s show was only one hour long.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 01-10-2023

To recap, was this the rolling coverage schedule yesterday?

2100 ET Dana Bash on US/I/Max
2200 ET No Live News
2300 ET Jim Sciutto on I/Max only
0100 ET Michael Holmes on US/I/Max

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 01-10-2023

It's all so confusing now with 3 channels.

RE: CNN - simeonsays - 01-10-2023

(01-10-2023, 02:32 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  It's all so confusing now with 3 channels.
It really is. 

Has it been published exactly how many hours CNN MAX can air CNN Domestic per day without having to use its own anchors? 

What would happen if we ever had an event of the magnitude of 9/11 for example?

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 01-10-2023

When 9/11 happened all the rules effectively went out the window to a degree. Many channels just stopped and simply had still slides on screens for a couple of days or simulacasts other news outlets if they were affiliated somehow. The slides basically said somethis to the effect " Due to the tragic events that happened to our nation, regular programming on this channel has been suspended". Which has never happened before. Most the Turner channels were all simulcasting CNN. I could be correct but even the childrens networks stopped and just had slides. It was a strange time. Alot the programming was "quiet". Others ran crawls but there was no regular television on many channels for day. .