Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - kianworld - 01-10-2023

(01-10-2023, 07:03 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  I could be correct but even the childrens networks stopped and just had slides. It was a strange time.

I think the major three kids networks, Nick, CN, and Disney, all stayed on albeit slightly rescheduled to cancel live shows or poorly timed programming, though I believe Fox Family simulcasted Fox News coverage. Think Comedy Central stayed on too with a ticker explaining they're staying on as comfort programming. I think the only networks that shut down entirely were the Scripps networks (HGTV, Food, DIY) and some shopping networks.

The other Turner networks, minus Boomerang and TCM, were simulcasting CNN for sure. Headline News at first was doing its own coverage (with repeated commercial breaks even after the second plane hit?!) but eventually simulcast CNN too.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 01-10-2023

(01-10-2023, 12:27 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  To recap, was this the rolling coverage schedule yesterday?

2100 ET Dana Bash on US/I/Max
2200 ET No Live News
2300 ET Jim Sciutto on I/Max only
0100 ET Michael Holmes on US/I/Max

No.  9pm ET was only on domestic and CNNI.  NOT on Max.   

And there was rolling coverage with Jim Acosta before that, also not on Max.

Yeah no live news at 10pm on any network.  I’m sure domestic would have kept going if there still hadn’t been a resolution.  But the vote to avoid the shutdown happened in the 9pm hour. 

There certainly COULD have been the situation where domestic had an 11pm show and CNNI was producing a different one for Max.

But yeah, 11p/12a were CNNI and Max only. Domestic started to simulcast CNNI at 1am (with it also streaming on Max for all shows overnight).

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 02-10-2023

So today a domestic simulcast mostly (or entirely, not sure) replaced CTW for coverage of the Trump NY fraud trial starting. State of the Race and One World still aired (on CNNI and Max), where Trump and other U.S. politics stories featured heavily.

Then Amanpour aired as usual at 1pm on CNNI and Max.... but Max dipped out at 1:15pm for its own coverage for the remainder of the hour.

RE: CNN - sky303 - 03-10-2023

World Sport on CNN Max [Image: Screenshot-727.png]

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 03-10-2023

(03-10-2023, 05:50 AM)sky303 Wrote:  World Sport on CNN Max [Image: Screenshot-727.png]
What’s really funny right now is that CNNI is actually filling out the hour with a newscast for CNN U.S.  But Max Still gets World Sport, because it’s the CNNI feed 🤣.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 03-10-2023

(03-10-2023, 05:54 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  What’s really funny right now is that CNNI is actually filling out the hour with a newscast for CNN U.S.  But Max Still gets World Sport, because it’s the CNNI feed 🤣.
Erm.. no, right now it is CNN World Sport on CNNI (00:45-01:00 ET), at least where I'm watching. May be a newscast for CNN U.S. is only in North America region?

UPD. Just realized that you might have meant that CNNI is producing CNN/US-only content, while both CNNI and CNN Max went to World Sport. This is common practice whenever CNN/US is simulcasting CNNI and the latter goes to World Sport, as the latter does not make it to CNN/US.
In this case it's not weird that CNN Max does not show CNN/US-only content, but it is strange that CNN/US is simulcasting CNNI at 12am on weekdays rather than going in the repeat mode.

RE: CNN - alex.w - 03-10-2023

CNNI cut into Domestic's replay of AC360 around 30 minutes into the hour, so Domestic got CNNI Newsroom until the top of the hour. At 1AM ET it went back to regular programming...Domestic is getting The Source, CNNI is getting Newsroom. I don't think I heard John Vause give any explanation for why CNNI cut into AC360. There wasn't any breaking news or anything... weird!

They're also having some technical challenges this hour on CNNI...mic issues with John Vause opening the 1AM ET hour, problems with the opening music, no "Live from CNN Center" voice over.

RE: CNN - sky303 - 03-10-2023

At 12:22 AMET on CNN US : CNN AC 360 repeat goes on ad break

12:27AMET : CNN International comes on after the break, almost mid sentence
12:41 AMET: Vause says those watching in the US and Canada will be getting more after a short break.

12:46AMET: It comes back , International and Max get World Sport.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 03-10-2023

(03-10-2023, 05:58 AM)oscillon Wrote:  Erm.. no, right now it is CNN World Sport on CNNI (00:45-01:00 ET), at least where I'm watching. May be a newscast for CNN U.S. is only in North America region?

UPD. Just realized that you might have meant that CNNI is producing CNN/US-only content, while both CNNI and CNN Max went to World Sport. This is common practice whenever CNN/US is simulcasting CNNI and the latter goes to World Sport, as the latter does not make it to CNN/US.
In this case it's not weird that CNN Max does not show CNN/US-only content, but it is strange that CNN/US is simulcasting CNNI at 12am on weekdays rather than going in the repeat mode.

(03-10-2023, 06:07 AM)alex.w Wrote:  CNNI cut into Domestic's replay of AC360 around 30 minutes into the hour, so Domestic got CNNI Newsroom until the top of the hour. At 1AM ET it went back to regular programming...Domestic is getting The Source, CNNI is getting Newsroom. I don't think I heard John Vause give any explanation for why CNNI cut into AC360. There wasn't any breaking news or anything... weird!

They're also having some technical challenges this hour on CNNI...mic issues with John Vause opening the 1AM ET hour, problems with the opening music, no "Live from CNN Center" voice over.

Yup,  I meant CNNI was producing the last 15 minutes of the 12a hour JUST for CNN U.S.  It wasn't even U.S. content really, just mishmash of stories.  I think it was just covering a technical issue for CNN U.S. or somesuch thing.  CNNI broke into the AC360 replay for no noticeable reason, so it has to be something like that.

Just struck me as funny that CNN Max got World Sport instead, as CNN Max is so far just a U.S. service for Americans.
And it was especially amusing because Vause promised more news to those in the U.S. and Canada...but if you were watching on Max you were out of luck!  Although I guess World Sport is also news, just of a different sort.

I know CNNI occasionally produces shows that only air on CNN U.S., but it's not THAT common... and this is the first time I've seen that since Max launched.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 03-10-2023

On a typical night, does CNN Max air the 00:45 ET and 02:45 ET editions of World Sport anyway? Or are John and Rosemary now producing an 15 minutes of live news exclusively for Max?