Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 09-10-2023

Not only is Hadas Gold a great reporter, doing stellar work last few days, she's also working as a translator during Netanyahu's speech right now!

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 10-10-2023

Wolf Blitzer is currently presenting Erin Burnett OutFront straight from presenting The Situation Room! Might as well had a second hour of The Situation Room. He did confirm though Erin is on her way to Israel hence why he is presenting.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 12:01 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Wolf Blitzer is currently presenting Erin Burnett OutFront straight from presenting The Situation Room! Might as well had a second hour of The Situation Room. He did confirm though Erin is on her way to Israel hence why he is presenting.

There are reasons for him to host EBOF instead of another hour of Sit Room.  First would be ratings.  It matters what the show is branded as for ratings.  They want this to count for EBOF.  

Also, there could be advertising dollars tied to a specific program.  If they don’t want to potentially risk losing those ad buys, gotta keep it EBOF.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 10-10-2023

I see CNN NewsNignt and Laura Coates Live was soft launched last night.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 10:34 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I see CNN NewsNignt and Laura Coates Live was soft launched last night.

Indeed, the softest of launches! Due to breaking news, no new intros or graphics were seen, just "Israel at war".

More to it, CNN International schedules are still blissfully unaware of this rebranding and list them as "CNN Primetime" and "CNN Tonight".

Not sure what was the original plan, but both shows yesterday originated from the same desk in Studio D

RE: CNN - Medianext.MX - 10-10-2023

Mark Thompson has taken his new CEO post at CNN, and, during his first memo to staff (reported by many industry outlets, including Deadline and by Oliver Darcy on his Reliable Sources daily newsletter), he said the TV side of the network is "too dominant" and the brand "still nowhere near ready for the future"; although he praised the launch of CNN Max. He also wants to bring less "balance or whataboutism or false equivalency" to the network's agenda by striving to “cover political news proportionately and fairly, but not be frightened of our own shadows”.

https://deadline.com/2023/10/cnn-mark-thompson-ceo-digital-news-1235567837/ 

And, in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter magazine, former CNN CEO Jon Klein has praised Thompson's oncoming leadership as “the right DNA to the crisis coverage he is stepping into,” referring to the ongoing Israel coverage.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/cnn-msnbc-israel-hamas-mark-thompson-1235612704/ 

RE: CNN - bkman1990 - 12-10-2023

Erin Burnett's report about hearing 60 rockets being fired by Hamas a few miles out from Gaza was quite intense.

RE: CNN - bkman1990 - 12-10-2023

Kaitlan Collins and Anderson Cooper are doing a special edition of The Source right now on CNN.

Kaitlan is doing the show live from Capitol Hill in Washington. Anderson Cooper is live on location in Ashdod in Israel.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 13-10-2023

I know it’s a minor detail that only we pay attention to, but I wish CNN would fix their TV schedule pages online with actual updates and consistent images, titles, and descriptions. With the current conflict, it’s not clear if CNN/US will broadcast through the night Saturday and Sunday. Meanwhile the CNNI schedule shows CNN Newsroom with Lynda Kinkade 12a-4a ET Saturday, 3-6p Saturday, 8p-4a Saturday Night/Sunday Morning, 3-6p Sunday, and 8p-12a Sunday Night.

While I don’t expect to see Lynda on air 22 hours this weekend, I do expect CNN to give some care to their online schedule so viewers can see a polished list of what’s on and when. I know it sounds pedantic, but if the website, EPG, and Max splash page say “The Whole Story” is on viewers will turn elsewhere for live coverage even if CNN is actually live.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 13-10-2023

(13-10-2023, 05:50 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  I know it’s a minor detail that only we pay attention to, but I wish CNN would fix their TV schedule pages online with actual updates and consistent images, titles, and descriptions. With the current conflict, it’s not clear if CNN/US will broadcast through the night Saturday and Sunday. Meanwhile the CNNI schedule shows CNN Newsroom with Lynda Kinkade 12a-4a ET Saturday, 3-6p Saturday, 8p-4a Saturday Night/Sunday Morning, 3-6p Sunday, and 8p-12a Sunday Night.

While I don’t expect to see Lynda on air 22 hours this weekend, I do expect CNN to give some care to their online schedule so viewers can see a polished list of what’s on and when. I know it sounds pedantic, but if the website, EPG, and Max splash page say “The Whole Story” is on viewers will turn elsewhere for live coverage even if CNN is actually live.

The Whole Story seems like it is airing on Sunday though it is related to the Israel crisis. It would be quite disappointing if 
Jose Andres & Family in Spain does air according to the schedule especially when the IDF could very well start a ground operation at any time. It does thankfully appear that International will be running rolling news at least with their own coverage and providing a domestic opt-out between 8pm-11pm UK time Saturday and Sunday which I also assume is also the Max opt-out. 

There's already some inaccuracies between International and Domestic on Sunday anyway. Domestic lists the usual repeats of State Of The Union and GPS will be airing yet International shows a domestic US Newsroom simulcast after Inside Politics.

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2023/10/12/anderson-cooper-reports-from-israel-in-terror-in-the-desert-for-the-whole-story-with-anderson-cooper/