Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 18-10-2023

Kaitlan Collins is the next presenter to have traveled to Israel. There was no edition of The Source yesterday as a result with Anderson Cooper doing a second hour of AC360 instead.

If I'm correct that makes it five anchors that CNN have located in Israel now. (Erin Burnett, Anderson Cooper, Becky Anderson, Sara Sidner and Kaitlan Collins) Must say they have done really well with the coverage and a on-site presence. Impressed with it over the last week and few days.

Isa Soares Tonight is back on International tonight after it has been pre-empted since the war in Israel begun. In fact it's not only Isa Soares presenting, she's got Jim Sciutto joining from Washington.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 18-10-2023

(18-10-2023, 07:02 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Isa Soares Tonight is back on International tonight after it has been pre-empted since the war in Israel begun. In fact it's not only Isa Soares presenting, she's got Jim Sciutto joining from Washington.
So instead of his normal CNN Max show Jim is co-presenting Isa Soares Tonight? Curious the philosophy for that decision.

(18-10-2023, 07:19 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  So instead of his normal CNN Max show Jim is co-presenting Isa Soares Tonight? Curious the philosophy for that decision.

I only realised this but he also has presenting CNN Max's coverage of the speakers race which has run with their own coverage seperate from Domestic and International, which stuck with their normal schedule. I presume Max is simulcasting Isa Soares Tonight given that it's Jim's normal slot though I need someone else to confirm that.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 19-10-2023

(18-10-2023, 07:26 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I only realised this but he also has presenting CNN Max's coverage of the speakers race which has run with their own coverage seperate from Domestic and International, which stuck with their normal schedule. I presume Max is simulcasting Isa Soares Tonight given that it's Jim's normal slot though I need someone else to confirm that.

Yes, it was also shown on Max.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 19-10-2023

(19-10-2023, 12:35 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  Yes, it was also shown on Max.

Must be surprising for Max viewers in the Pacific Time Zone being introduced to Isa Soares Tonight, checking their clock and realising it is 11am in the morning for them!

State Of The Race on International has come from Studio B over the last two days, Studio D was unavailable Wednesday because it was being used on Domestic and it may have been unavailable today for International in case that needed to be used for Domestic coverage.

RE: CNN - sky303 - 19-10-2023

(19-10-2023, 08:29 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Must be surprising for Max viewers in the Pacific Time Zone being introduced to Isa Soares Tonight, checking their clock and realising it is 11am in the morning for them!

State Of The Race on International has come from Studio B over the last two days, Studio D was unavailable Wednesday because it was being used on Domestic and it may have been unavailable today for International in case that needed to be used for Domestic coverage.

Like turning on CNN in Japan at 11am and seeing a show called CNN Tonight/Don Lemon Tonight/ or CNN NewsNight for the past few years.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 20-10-2023

(19-10-2023, 08:29 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Must be surprising for Max viewers in the Pacific Time Zone being introduced to Isa Soares Tonight, checking their clock and realising it is 11am in the morning for them!

Well other than the on screen “Isa Soares Tonight” under the CNN bug, not sure they actually mentioned the name of the show that day. And it was mostly “Israel at War” branding for Israel stuff and whatever they used for the speaker vote.

Still, CNN Max must be confusing to some Americans generally.  Much (most?) of the time it’s just the CNNI North America feed, with no explanation given.  

Even the weather rolls during the breaks would be confusing…. With it all being in Celsius and not even specifying that.  

And they’d also see promos for some CNNI shows they don’t actually get to see.  

But great that more Americans are being exposed to CNNI programming.

RE: CNN - sky303 - 20-10-2023

I'm guessing alot haven't watched on CNN app on a smart TV either, I think a couple systems have the actual channel too, I know Fios (by Verizon) has it in glorious SD letterbox.
I still think it would have been better in the US, when they first started taking apart HLN to just have CNN International simulcast there and had Morning/Weekend Express and maybe some HLN live shows in the evening to opt out from and the rest be CNN International. Again this would be before CNN I became mostly simulcast of US, the HLN channel space would have been good now, but again it's mostly simulcast so that's not an idea now.

(20-10-2023, 02:32 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  Well other than the on screen “Isa Soares Tonight” under the CNN bug, not sure they actually mentioned the name of the show that day. And it was mostly “Israel at War” branding for Israel stuff and whatever they used for the speaker vote.

Still, CNN Max must be confusing to some Americans generally.  Much (most?) of the time it’s just the CNNI North America feed, with no explanation given.  

Even the weather rolls during the breaks would be confusing…. With it all being in Celsius and not even specifying that.  

And they’d also see promos for some CNNI shows they don’t actually get to see.  

But great that more Americans are being exposed to CNNI programming.

Makes me wonder if someone checks it out and just thinks everything is CNN Max's programming and doesn't know about CNN International at all.

RE: CNN - JamesWorldNews - 20-10-2023

Today:

https://x.com/_amroali/status/1715440477351162115?s=46