Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 06-11-2023

CNN are doing live coverage of some of the key races happening in America on Tuesday and have confirmed their coverage plans. From 4pm-6pm ET, It will be Wolf and Kaitlin Collins from Washington, 6pm-11pm will be Jake Tapper from Washington and Erin Burnett from New York and finally Abby Phillip and Laura Coates from 11pm-1am ET. CNN Max/International will also simulcast coverage.

I think Erin Burnett in Anderson's role is probably a one-off given Anderson is back on air the following evening though it does sort of confirms who will replace Anderson in the number 2 election coverage presenting role should that time come.

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2023/11/06/cnn-to-broadcast-americas-choice-2023-election-night-special-coverage/ 

RE: CNN - oscillon - 06-11-2023

During the weekend CNN World Sport and some of the magazine programs made it back to CNNI, starting at 12:30 AM ET on Saturday.
At least in the overnights World Sport was exclusive to CNNI, with CNN Max and CNN/US continuing with CNNI-produced Newsroom (not sure if this will count as "CNN Max simulcasting CNN/US").
First hour of TM Weekend was also substituted by magazines, as is usually the case.

Despite all of that, CNNI/Max still retained two opt-outs in the afternoon primarily covering Israel-Hamas war, each being two hours long (instead of three).
Interestingly, the second opt outs (with Julia Chatterley on Saturday and Lynda Kinkade on Sunday) were not continous on CNNI - after an hour of news (at 7p ET) they had an hour of magazines (8p ET) and only then another hour of news (9p ET).
Not sure what CNN Max had in this middle hour or when CNNI had World Sport during the day - did it go along with CNNI, did it revert to CNN/US or did the opt-out teams provide a special hour exclusively to CNN Max?

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 07-11-2023

(06-11-2023, 10:08 PM)oscillon Wrote:  During the weekend CNN World Sport and some of the magazine programs made it back to CNNI, starting at 12:30 AM ET on Saturday.
At least in the overnights World Sport was exclusive to CNNI, with CNN Max and CNN/US continuing with CNNI-produced Newsroom (not sure if this will count as "CNN Max simulcasting CNN/US").
First hour of TM Weekend was also substituted by magazines, as is usually the case.

Despite all of that, CNNI/Max still retained two opt-outs in the afternoon primarily covering Israel-Hamas war, each being two hours long (instead of three).
Interestingly, the second opt outs (with Julia Chatterley on Saturday and Lynda Kinkade on Sunday) were not continous on CNNI - after an hour of news (at 7p ET) they had an hour of magazines (8p ET) and only then another hour of news (9p ET).
Not sure what CNN Max had in this middle hour or when CNNI had World Sport during the day - did it go along with CNNI, did it revert to CNN/US or did the opt-out teams provide a special hour exclusively to CNN Max?

Don’t think CNN Max has any teams to do that on weekends.  Not yet anyway.  All the extra CNN Max stuff on weekends has been CNNI produced.  

Unlikely that Max would be showing Domestic when CNNI isn’t.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 08-11-2023

Watching the CNN election coverage, it doesn't appear that the election graphics have changed that much when applied to the 2023 lower third templates. A few tweaks to match the updated look and some changes to the animations but overall it remains similar as before.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 10-11-2023

I see further elements of New Day creeping back into CNN This Morning. As well as the return to Studio 19Y, John Avlon was back with his #RealityCheck segment that was heavily featured on New Day. I'm not sure when that returned but that's the first I have seen of that on CNN This Morning.

RE: CNN - bakamann - 11-11-2023

Is it me, or CNN International seems to be broadcasting from a new place? I would assume from CNN's new headquarters at Techwood.

CNN Newsroom with Laila Harrak feels like in a hastly-setup studio because it kinda has a bad lighting, plus the LED background looks too bright.

RE: CNN - Talkover - 11-11-2023

Laila Harak is sitting in Barcelona/Spain. I didn't know that CNN had a studio there. And the big question: Why are they broadcasting from Spain?

RE: CNN - bakamann - 11-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 09:08 AM)Talkover Wrote:  Laila Harak is sitting in Barcelona/Spain. I didn't know that CNN had a studio there. And the big question: Why are they broadcasting from Spain?

Oh, I was not aware that she is in Spain. Is that the reason why she was not anchoring weekend newscast the past few weeks?

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 11-11-2023

Would anyone have any caps? I assume it's just a flash studio?

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 12-11-2023

https://i.postimg.cc/Y07LwvL4/vlcsnap-00021.jpg